Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt patches and still bleeding  (Read 848 times)

Smina

• First Flush
Hrt patches and still bleeding
« on: October 30, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »

Hi. I’ve been on Everol Conti 50 patches for about 8 months, I’m 55. There were shortages earlier in the year and I left  each patch on longer, often 5 or 6 days rather than changing twice a week. I get very light bleeds every 4 to 6 weeks, but they are regular and come with usual PMS symptoms. I’m going to be strict and change as recommended twice a week. I’ve also experienced vaginal soreness and dryness but only in the last month, that may be a result of Epsom salt baths.  Any similar experiences out there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 09:26:43 AM by Smina »

Hurdity

Re: Hrt patches and still bleeding
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:28 AM »

Hi Smina

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your bleeding issues. Might I suggest you try to keep to one post at a time as it would help members respond more fully to you? I have answered two of your other posts and in each one has given different information.

I did answer about the bleeding on your other post but you have said more here. Yes I would say do keep to the recommende change times - if you are only changing every 5-6 days then your hormone levels will be declining and then suddenly rising again. The idea of conti HRT is for the delivery and hormone levels to be as steady as possible.

The other thing is, if you are getting pms symptoms you may not yet be post-menopausal. However if you experienced no bleeding before the shortages and were changing them twice a week you may just be responding to the decline in hormones and the bleed is just your womb lining reacting to this unpredictability.

Were you post-menopausal when you started HRT ie no periods for 12 months?

Hurdity x

Smina

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 09:50:54 AM »

Hi. I should have said that I wasn’t actually menopausal before I was started in the Conti. I was on Sequi but hadn’t missed a period. I think my doctor thought I was at the menopause age and put me on Conti.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 10:14:19 AM »

Hi Smina - the period you were experiencing on the sequi regime was not a proper period but a withdrawal bleed (from the progesterone) each month so you may or may not be menopausal. Most doctors will change you over to conti at around the age of 53/54. Confusing isn't it?  ;D

Taz x  :welcomemm: