Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hysterosonography Or SIS?  (Read 653 times)

Machair

Hysterosonography Or SIS?
« on: October 29, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »

Has anyone ever had Hysterosonography Or SIS? It is an transvaginal ultrasound where saline is passed into the uterus. It is used to absolutely confirm a polyp that may not be 100% visible on normal TVS. I may have to have this done and was wondering how painful or uncomfortable it is? I have a probable polyp which looks benign in the fundus but it may be adenomyosis so an SIS would confirm this.

Assuming it is a polyp I am pondering if I might take the very slight risk and leave it alone as it isn't causing any symptoms. Has anyone had this sort of experience who could comment?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hysterosonography Or SIS?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 03:35:59 PM »

Did you have this suggestion from a UK Consultant?  If worried ring his Secretary with your concerns.  My polyp bled on contact and disappeared at peri.  My Consultant wanted to remove it but I wasn't mentally well enough to contemplate surgery so I saved myself the hassle ;-)

How R U otherwise?

Machair

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 05:12:01 PM »

Hello CLKD- yes it is a UK consultant - really lovely one too. It is an incidental finding so am seeing him soon to discuss the options- SIS being one of them which will absolutely say it is a polyp. I did have an op last year to remove a cervical polyp and now this one was found as well high up in the uterine fundus but isn't causing symptoms.
I am well otherwise but don't really fancy more surgery for something with no symptoms.

Hope all is well with you too.xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 05:51:49 PM »

OK thus far today, tnx.  Take a list of queries with you?  I would want to know initially if there's any rush for surgical intervention :-)

Machair

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 07:43:22 PM »

Thank you yes I was planning to do that as well. xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »

:yes: