Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxiety & Low Mood  (Read 1616 times)

KarineT

Anxiety & Low Mood
« on: November 04, 2020, 02:20:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

For me, anxiety and low mood are what bothers me most.  I believe I am still peri as, despite not having had a period since January this year, I haven't reached the 12-month mark yet.  This anxiety and mood problem used to also happen during my menstrual years so it seems that I've always been sensitive to hormonal changes.  Does any of you identify to this?

Thanks

Karine

Grheliz1

Re: Anxiety & Low Mood
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 04:47:38 PM »

Yes and Oestrogel sorted most of it out. Got me through a bereavement and huge work stress last year.

Brit66

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 06:35:30 AM »

Hi everyone,

For me, anxiety and low mood are what bothers me most.  I believe I am still peri as, despite not having had a period since January this year, I haven't reached the 12-month mark yet.  This anxiety and mood problem used to also happen during my menstrual years so it seems that I've always been sensitive to hormonal changes.  Does any of you identify to this?

Thanks

Karine

Absolutely! This was the case for me too. I started hrt a couple of months ago and it's changed everything.
I was peri too and just felt terrible most days; now I feel like I did 20years ago, it's been nothing short of miraculous.  I have been in the emergency dept with panic attacks a couple of times and felt anxious so many days out of the month, but it's disappeared now, I feel absolutely amazing. 
The only regret I have is waiting so long.

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »

Hi Britt66,

But did you get similar similar symptoms during your menstrual years?  For me, during that time I would also want to cry and get anxious but the only difference is that it would lift much quicker.

sed

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 07:29:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Karine

Absolutely! This was the case for me too. I started hrt a couple of months ago and it's changed everything.
I was peri too and just felt terrible most days; now I feel like I did 20years ago, it's been nothing short of miraculous.  I have been in the emergency dept with panic attacks a couple of times and felt anxious so many days out of the month, but it's disappeared now, I feel absolutely amazing. 

Wow, your story sounds amazing!  What HRT are you using ? I am still trying to find the right one to help with all the same symptoms.  On Evorel Conti for 8 weeks and it’s brought along it’s own little gremlins to deal with too!

Brit66

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 07:09:33 AM »

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Karine

Wow, your story sounds amazing!  What HRT are you using ? I am still trying to find the right one to help with all the same symptoms.  On Evorel Conti for 8 weeks and it’s brought along it’s own little gremlins to deal with too!

Hi Sed, yes-im surprised it's worked so well for me, I was expecting the opposite or at least a little group of gremlins of my own too! I had the Mirena inserted because it would be confined to my womb and unlikely to give the side effects associated with progesterone,  and I have the Sandrena gel, just 1mg. Last month I had to have Divigel because there was a shortage of Sandrena, but it's the same thing and there's been no issue for me when I've used it.
I haven't got any experience with the hrt you're using but I know that there's very likely to be a type that suits you if you don't really like the one you're on at the minute. I would really encourage you to do your research and talk to your dr about different options :)

Brit66

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 07:13:47 AM »

Hi Britt66,

But did you get similar similar symptoms during your menstrual years?  For me, during that time I would also want to cry and get anxious but the only difference is that it would lift much quicker.

I am still peri so still menstrual, and have been dealing with these mood shifts and anxiery since 2011. I didn''t equate them to my hormones at all, but I can certainly see it now since I started hrt. I heard Lorraine Kelly say once on her show that you don't realize how bad you've been feeling until your have been taking hrt for a little while and things improve,  that’s exactly how I feel.

pricey

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 06:59:06 AM »

Hello,

Now I'm off HRT I think, in hindsight, Oestrogen definitely helped, but then work stress has also increased substantially. I'm struggling.

X