Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anybody feel like their throat is on fire and really dry.  (Read 4199 times)

loonarider

Anybody feel like their throat is on fire and really dry.
« on: October 26, 2020, 09:53:59 PM »

This is so uncomfortable. The back of my throat feels like it's on fire, also right at back of tongue and where tonsils are. Just burning. Weird. :-\

Anyone experience this, tongue is mild sensation like I've had a mild curry, but this throat thing. Will it let up? I hope so!  :'(

Lyncola

Re: Anybody feel like their throat is on fire and really dry.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 08:40:07 AM »

Me, I’ve had this on and off, one day I’ve got it the next day it’s gone, so on and off since March. I’m on antibiotics at the moment for UTI, so I don’t think that’s helping (it’s happens in the past).

I’m use oral thrush medicine (don’t know if I should be) but I do have a doctor appointment on Thursday. So if I’m still sore might point it out again. Already pointed out two times, she usually tells me to gargle salt water. I will point out that my throat been funny since March.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 11:14:34 AM »

Perhaps you're getting a bug? Do you have swollen glands or white spots on your tonsils?

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 02:28:36 PM »

Me, I’ve had this on and off, one day I’ve got it the next day it’s gone, so on and off since March. I’m on antibiotics at the moment for UTI, so I don’t think that’s helping (it’s happens in the past).

I’m use oral thrush medicine (don’t know if I should be) but I do have a doctor appointment on Thursday. So if I’m still sore might point it out again. Already pointed out two times, she usually tells me to gargle salt water. I will point out that my throat been funny since March.

Yes my general sore throat issues have been off and going on for months now. Definitely can't be a bug  or virus, though of course I'd always think the worst. I mean if it was a virus, I'd be getting more symptoms than just a sore throat by now...

I hope you get to the bottom of it, or could just be another sign of things drying up at our age.

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 02:29:38 PM »

Perhaps you're getting a bug? Do you have swollen glands or white spots on your tonsils?

My first though is always "is it a virus?", " the rona?" But if it was, why has this sore, burning throat (and cough btw) been going on, off and on for months now?

Just odd, and extremely annoying it's getting me down. >:(

Uptick

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 04:18:46 PM »

Hi loonarider. I'm having the same issue and I think it can be acid reflux or dry throat caused by breathing through mouth during sleep (blocked nose, post nasal drip). Burning and discomfort fluctuate randomly. It seems like a bug is going to hit but it doesn't evolve into a full cold or flu or Covid.

loonarider

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 09:20:59 AM »

Hi loonarider. I'm having the same issue and I think it can be acid reflux or dry throat caused by breathing through mouth during sleep (blocked nose, post nasal drip). Burning and discomfort fluctuate randomly. It seems like a bug is going to hit but it doesn't evolve into a full cold or flu or Covid.

This was my theory too! Though, I'm now taking Gaviscon advance which has alleviataed the issue I had with breathing when lying on myside, which suggests there was some sort of digestive/stomach acid issue going on - hasn't sorted the throat issues though.

The nasal congestion I had has gone suddenly (though could return), and I don't see why I'd breathe through mouth otherwise, as  I'm not a mouth breather  - so I've decided to eliminate that as a reason. But, what I really want to know, is since I'm transitioning, is this all hormone related? Seem's definitive answers are hard to come by.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:25:31 AM by loonarider »

Donnadoobie

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 06:31:10 AM »

I have also had ongoing throat issues since January.  comes and goes but mostly it is there. 

I have tried omeprazole and a nasal spray, cannot pinpoint the exact cause but anxiety and possible reflux are my thoughts but also have a dry and snuffly nose.

‘The virus’ has been my thoughts too, thinking back when they didn’t know what was wrong with me and tested for glandular fever and did a full blood count, part of me wondered if that was ‘it’.

I am sure my anxiety plays a big part but also I am a mouth breather so dry throat could be it but have also a phlegmy throat.

See so many throat posts on here that I am also beginning to think it could be another meno symptom too.

Who knows!?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »

Sleeping with gob wide open ?   Allergic rhinitis?  What do you eat/drink on a regular basis?

loonarider

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »

Sleeping with gob wide open ?   Allergic rhinitis?  What do you eat/drink on a regular basis?

Hey CLKD,

I don't sleep with mouth open that's the job of my partner ;D, unless I  have nasal congestion - I have always had allergies to weather change, usually I'd get a runny/blocked nose if the weather is damp or wet outside - not your usual hayfever allergy - in saying that I've never experienced sore throats with my allergies - this is new.

I am on a low sugar diet/lowcarb. Can't remember when I last ate sugar to be honest. I rarely eat breakfast, maybe a weak cup of tea or cocoa. My main meal is usually quite small since I don't have a huge appetite. Maybe a slice of very low carb bread with a slice of salmon or cheese and spinach - more like a snack than dinner. Most nights, I'd have a cup of cocoa and maybe a low carb cake.

Most days I eat the same, just can't be bothered to be creative with what I eat these days, especially after I've cooked dinner for my partner and kids (I don't eat what they eat).  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:53:09 PM by loonarider »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »

You may be lacking proteins or minerals? 

loonarider

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »

You may be lacking proteins or minerals?

I know I'm lacking some food groups since my diet is quite restrictive. And since I only eat one proper meal day more or less it ususally doesn't have all the essential macronutrients.

Maybe should get my bloods done to test for any deficiencies?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »

Or eat a more evenly spread diet?  Are you under the care of an NHS DIetitician, I can't remember  ::)

Let us know how you get on.  The body takes fluids from what we put through the digestive system as well as liquids and if we aren't nourishing the body correctly, it can leave the body dry. 

loonarider

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2020, 06:19:53 PM »

I have also had ongoing throat issues since January.  comes and goes but mostly it is there. 

I have tried omeprazole and a nasal spray, cannot pinpoint the exact cause but anxiety and possible reflux are my thoughts but also have a dry and snuffly nose.

‘The virus’ has been my thoughts too, thinking back when they didn’t know what was wrong with me and tested for glandular fever and did a full blood count, part of me wondered if that was ‘it’.

I am sure my anxiety plays a big part but also I am a mouth breather so dry throat could be it but have also a phlegmy throat.

See so many throat posts on here that I am also beginning to think it could be another meno symptom too.

Who knows!?

Glad I'm not the only one. WOuuld you believe, the sore throat had completely gone yesterday, but really bad today. I'm sick of this. The way it comes and goes makes me think hormones.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2020, 06:21:37 PM »

You've jogged my memory - Gt Aunt had problems for years so I bought special pastilles to ease symptoms of course can't remember the name  ::)  ;D
Pages: [1] 2