Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: At my wit's end with bleeding and crying  (Read 1026 times)

Scottydogs

• First Flush
At my wit's end with bleeding and crying
« on: October 25, 2020, 11:27:43 AM »

Hi all
I'm on Estradol x 2 pumps and have been trying Utrogestan vaginally - 100mg a day then moved to 200mg every other  I am having a 'period' every other week - not spotting, but a medium/heavy bleed, with pain in one ovary in particular. Thats pretty horrible, but the worst thing is my mood. I am crying almost constantly. No real reason - feels very hormonal. So low.
I've tried posting a couple of times but no responses - maybe I'm not on the right page?
My GP suggested Mirena but couldn't manage to fit it - my womb was wonky and it hurt too much! I'm now thinking of trying a clinic which does camera guided fittings. Other than that I don;t know what else to do. Every time i retry the Utorgestan I get very low and start bleeding.
Anyone got any thoughts?
Much appreciated. I have tried so many different things - years ago - patches and pills made me blue too.

Kathleen

Re: At my wit's end with bleeding and crying
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 11:56:16 AM »

Hello Scottydogs

My heart goes out to you and I am so sorry that you are suffering. You must be so distressed by your symptoms and I am not surprised that you have had enough.

I haven't had a period, natural or otherwise for years but I am very tearful these days and I do sympathise.

Perhaps your GP can refer you to a clinic or a gynaecologist who takes a special interest in the menopause or you could email Dr Currie for advice.

Hopefully more ladies will be along soon to help you.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

mandss

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 11:38:59 AM »

You poor thing. Some days I find myself crying at the adverts on tv. So I know how you feel. Life is difficult from every angle at the moment without adding in hormones and all that is associated with it. I am finding that my mood can alter throughout the day..anything from" Yes I can do this" to god help me this menopause will be the death of me". Keep talking....xxx

Fusseh

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 05:31:28 PM »

Hi Scotty
I'm so sorry you are going through this and haven't has much support (apart from the lovely 2 ladies who have now replied). I can only think most people are like me and don't feel they have any expertise to offer, but I do have lots of empathy.  :love: :tulips2: ( I can't find the hugs emoji but am sending you a big hug).

My only thought was that you maybe anaemic with that much bleeding and that can have knock on effects on mood etc. So maybe good to get that checked?

Glad you reached out again.
Take care
Fusseh

Penguin99

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 11:00:02 PM »

Hi, sorry I can't really help but I have a mirena and have done for years, over 20. I can honestly say its the best thing I had done. I wanted to be sterilised years ago but consultant said because my periods were so heavy ( I would stand up  & it would gush) being sterilised could make it worse! I was offered the mirena and thought I'd give it a try. I have hardly had any bleeding since. I'm not going to lie, it can be painful having it fitted and taken out, but worth it. I know 8t doesn't work for everyone but for me its been great.
I can be emotional at times, cry at the slightest thing on TV, I guess thats just the hormones.

Scottydogs

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 04:00:14 PM »

Thank you lovely women! I am now trying Everol Conti and my mood is quite a lot better. I’ll keep trying. It means so much to read your kind words. Sending love to everyone x

mandss

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 01:26:23 PM »

Pleased there is some improvement. Keep us informed my lovely xx