Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Period after one year and one week!  (Read 4294 times)

Stargazer

Period after one year and one week!
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:53:12 AM »

Really freaked out this morning should not have googled!! One year ago I had an injection (Prostap) for heavy period bleeding which stopped bleeding for 3 months then I have had 9 months without periods. This is what my Gynae hoped would happen as I am 53. So one year without bleeding. Last week I had a headache, backache, anxiety like PMT and yesterday started a period. Will get checked with GP but wondering if 3 months on Prostap is included in one year ???

Dierdre

Re: Period after one year and one week!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 11:20:05 AM »

Sounds like a period, its normal to get this after a year, i had one after 18 months then again after 8 months before finally finishing.  Its standard to get checked out but i wouldn't worry as the Prostap probably accounted for some of the year and you would have bleed before now and not been concerned.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 11:43:39 AM »

Probably not.  It's usually a 'natural' break - 12 months without a period but of course, we don't know until about 18months .... even then a bleed may occur!

Do tell your GP though so it can be added to your medical records.

Stargazer

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 01:07:02 PM »

GP did bloods today and they are sending me for a scan under Two Week Rules although she does not think it is cancer the NICE Guideline say they have to is this right???

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 04:40:41 PM »

Yes, they have to refer you under the 2 week rule even if they think it is fine, same happened when i had lump with breast infection even though GP was convinced it was the same issue as i had previous year.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 04:46:28 PM »

Will be interesting to see if you get an appt. within the 2 weeks or whether C-19 will be used as an excuse  :-\ please let us know.

How do U feel?

Stargazer

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 07:19:04 PM »

Dr said it could be polyp causing it but if you had a polyp presumably you wouldn't have PMT and a bog standard period?????

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 07:41:09 PM »

But a polyp might be triggered with hormones.  Mine bled on contact but shrunk completely at peri!