Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is this the start of hot flushes or just my usual panic attacks?  (Read 1272 times)

loonarider

Hi all,

Just wondering if panic Attacks and Hot/Cold Flushes share similar symptoms? and can be confused with each other. I think I either had a hot flush last night or a panic attack, but not sure.

I was asleep and then woke up with heart racing, weird adrenaline surges, and an internal heat like a furnace radiating from the back of my neck to the top of my arms and face. I also began feeling quite nauseous - this was at around 2:40 am. I didn't sweat, but felt quite clammy on my face and neck. Then, I started trembling, and skin was cold to touch with goosebumps. It didn't last long, about 8 minutes.

The only reaons I don't think it's my usual panic attacks is I didn't feel short of breath, but it was unnerving, strange and I just lay there waiting for it to pass. There are similarities, but it's hard to tell.

Any thoughts? :-\
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 08:05:59 AM by loonarider »

Itwillpass

Re: Is this the start of hot flushes or just my usual panic attacks?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:49:52 AM »

Omg I’ve been woken two mornings running now at 5.30 with very similar it’s exhausting. I get the adrenaline surge racing heart the sweat from the backs of my knees, elbows & chest! I actually took my temp as felt so unwell like flu but temp fine. Now got a nervous runny tummy  :( I’m not sure if it’s a night sweat or a panic attack either I too get the chills after but lately my hands & feet seem constantly cold.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 09:09:11 AM »

All normal meno symptoms ladies,the adrenaline surges are the same as you get when you're having a panic attack but are indeed separate from each other,I still get surges but now that I know what they are,I can just let them pass,usually a flush follows. My heat in bed starts in my abdomen or the small of my back,sometimes think I'm going to spontaneously combust  ;D

loonarider

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:55:28 AM »

Omg I’ve been woken two mornings running now at 5.30 with very similar it’s exhausting. I get the adrenaline surge racing heart the sweat from the backs of my knees, elbows & chest! I actually took my temp as felt so unwell like flu but temp fine. Now got a nervous runny tummy  :( I’m not sure if it’s a night sweat or a panic attack either I too get the chills after but lately my hands & feet seem constantly cold.

While it's really crap, good to feel not alone in this and that it probably isn't anything sinister. Looking into HRT now.

I just lay there thinking what the heck is this? But it really does sound like the start of a histroy of flushes. It's also near my period, supposed to begin tomorrow, so that could have amped things up a bit...

loonarider

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »

All normal meno symptoms ladies,the adrenaline surges are the same as you get when you're having a panic attack but are indeed separate from each other,I still get surges but now that I know what they are,I can just let them pass,usually a flush follows. My heat in bed starts in my abdomen or the small of my back,sometimes think I'm going to spontaneously combust  ;D

Felt that it could be my first flush. I hear about women sweating and soaking, I guess I'm on my way there as my mum suffered the same. Fun times to come!   :o >:(

Itwillpass

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »

Loonarider my health anxiety still tells me it’s something sinister  :'( I’ve tried femosten 2/10 made me feel worse & now on week 4 of Evorel Sequi no improvement yet if anything feel more anxious. I should be due on tomorrow too but not sure if it will be that accurate now I’m on hrt will have to wait & see?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 12:05:44 PM by Itwillpass »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 12:12:24 PM »

Fortunately I haven't had many flushes.  I would go warm and have a light glow all over after a bath ......... as well as having itchy insteps.  That passed after about 8-9 months so I've been lucky!  The cold flushes after Tamoxifen were something else  >:(

Cortisol is the wakening hormone it used to floor me from 3.30 a.m.  :'(

Itwillpass

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 09:09:21 PM »

Cortisol something else to add into the mix great! Wonder if this is causing me to run to the loo every morning  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 09:18:25 PM »

Probably!  Also hormonal upheaval can cause gut upsets, 10 mins. B4 a bleed began I would have to dash even if a period wasn't due.  I never planned a journey around that time.

Itwillpass

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »

Wow that is weirdly comforting for me, my health anxiety was telling me the dash to the loo was something way more sinister! Hormones really are the gift that keeps on giving x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 09:30:19 AM »

Yep  ::) ...........