Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: femseven conti  (Read 1017 times)

roseandthorn

femseven conti
« on: October 16, 2020, 11:34:41 AM »

Thought it was time for an update from Theramex! I have emailed them in forlorn hope. I hope I'm not the only woman left who is managing on alternatives (Femoston Conti) but hoping against hope that the patches will come back.

"Dear Sir or Madam

I write to request an update on the resumption of supply of the product, FemSeven Conti which has been estimated for Q4 2020. As you can imagine for women like myself for whom other HRT products have been unsuitable for a number of reasons, we are anxiously awaiting news of this.

I note that Everol patches were put back on the market rather quickly but there are many of us who cannot tolerate Everol. FemSeven Conti and Sequi users are still waiting. We have now arrived at Q4 2020. Please would you kindly update me on any progress.

With grateful thanks

Yours sincerely,"

I'll post any replies I receive. Has anyone else heard anything?

roseandthorn

Re: femseven conti
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »

There is hope.....

"I refer to your recent correspondence in which you requested information on the availability of FemSeven Conti® (estradiol, levonorgestrel).
We currently expect FemSeven Conti to be available from December 2020.
Please contact your pharmacist who will be able to assist you with obtaining the product"

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »

That's great news roseandthorn! I also e-mailed Theramex last week but haven't heard back so far yet.

I have never been on them, but they were the ones suggested at my first visit to my local meno clinic last September, but of course out of stock so he  had to prescribe me 2 pumps gel and 100mg oral Utrogestan conti, which I have been struggling to get the balance right since then!

I've recently swapped from the gel to estradot patches and find them so much easier, so would love to go completely transdermal.
How were you when you were on them and what did you find different about evorel conti?

I've started HRT late in life at age 63, as thought all the hot flushes and horrible other symptoms would eventually go away and I could manage without help, but after a lot of suffering over the past 8 years or so they haven't unfortunately and have been told I'm one of the unlucky ones!

Fingers crossed they appear in December for us, as I am dying to try them!!

roseandthorn

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 02:37:50 PM »

Hi JuliaDizzy. I swopped to FemSeven conti when I realised I didn’t need to be on a sequi regime. I’d had an early meno at 41. I felt well on the patches and they’re a low dose. There were complaints about the adhesive but my patches rarely came off in reality. If they did I just dampened them a bit and stuck them back on again. The supply became unreliable when the pharmaceutical company Teva sold out. I think they’d bought FemSeven from Merck originally. Anyway, I tried Everol patches but it’s the Norethisterone in them that doesn’t work for me.... cramps, bleeding etc etc. Then, I went back to FemSeven oestrogen-only patches, with utrogestan Conti which was a disaster and I ended up in A&E with a huge bleed, scans etc etc. I’m managing on Femoston Conti now and have been for over a year, but I don’t like tablets and the oestrogen dose isn’t quite high enough to keep me as comfortable as before. I get phases of hot flushes at night.  But it’s my least worst option. I had thought about a Mirena coil as it has levornogestrel which is the same progestogen as in FemSeven conti but fibroids made it inadvisable and hard to fit. I’ll be so happy if Theramex are true to their word. It’s been a horrid couple of years.

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »

Gosh you have been through the mill with it all! It's all so disheartening trying to feel right and I sympathise with you.

I did try Elleste duet tablets about 3 years ago which has the noresthisterone in it and I had a bleed for the first time in years after only a month using it, so stopped that straight away, but had to have a hysteroscopy because of the bleed which was very unpleasant! I have never had any bleeding since I've started on HRT or since menopause so don't want something that will do that, so I agree no more noresthisterone!

Hope the type in the Femseven isn't changed then when they produce it. I too have small fibroids and don't want the coil. I'm thinking its my last chance saloon as they say to find the right regime.

CherrySG

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 06:23:42 AM »

Having read women's experiences on this site, it seems a lot of us do well on Femseven Conti. I've been wanting to try them as I think Evorel and Provera are affecting my mental health.

Well done Rose for being so proactive  8)