Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Seen GP re abnormal bleeding, breast question  (Read 1185 times)

Dandelion

Seen GP re abnormal bleeding, breast question
« on: October 24, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »

Yesterday I saw my GP about my ongoing abnormal uterine bleeding.
Members will know about this by my previous posts.
I think I confused a member or two by saying I could not do my regular breast self-checks besides my 3 yearly mammograms.
My GP has ordered another scan and has told me to wait a few weeks for booking of the scan.
She will also talk to the gynaecologist who did my hysteroscopy in 2019.
She confirmed that the breast tenderness I get can be caused by hrt.
My question is this, my breasts feel different from one check to the next.
I read about a lady on here who discovered a cancerous lump on her breast in between mammograms.
I don't want to be pestering my doctors, but I feel lumps in different places when I check, I know some could be the hrt, but how can I tell, without pestering my doctor if they are sinister?

sheila99

Re: Seen GP re abnormal bleeding, breast question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 08:10:09 PM »

If you're on sequi I find the best time is at the end of a bleed.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »

If you're on sequi I find the best time is at the end of a bleed.
I'm on conti, but thanks.
I take the progesterone in the form of utrogestan daily with no break as it is cross tolerant to the valium I am addicted to.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »

The lumps in your breast are most likely cysts,they come and go and can be big or small,when you touch them,do they move under your fingers? And are the soft or hard? If it's a hard lump that doesn't give under your fingers you need to get it checked but I'd get it checked anyway but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.Cysts are very common and usually go by themselves

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 05:32:31 PM »

The lumps in your breast are most likely cysts,they come and go and can be big or small,when you touch them,do they move under your fingers? And are the soft or hard? If it's a hard lump that doesn't give under your fingers you need to get it checked but I'd get it checked anyway but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.Cysts are very common and usually go by themselves
Thanks, although I had a mammogram in 2019, the 2016 one said I had a cyst and told me where it was. Thanks for the guidance, I will check. I would have mentioned it to GP but there wasn't enough time.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 06:58:56 PM »

Cysts can vary a lot,the best way to see them is through an ultrasound,I had three large ones drained under ultrasound and you could literally see them disappear on the screen. Please phone your dr again,it's always better to be safe

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 07:01:28 PM »

Cysts can vary a lot,the best way to see them is through an ultrasound,I had three large ones drained under ultrasound and you could literally see them disappear on the screen. Please phone your dr again,it's always better to be safe
I will check my breasts tonight, and phone them, they might want to examine my breasts themselves.

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 08:44:52 PM »

Check on the nhs site,it will explain the difference between cysts and sinister lumps,let me know how you get on

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »

Check on the nhs site,it will explain the difference between cysts and sinister lumps,let me know how you get on
Hi
I am on here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/breast-cancer/
There are  lumps or area of thickened breast tissue but I don't want to pester my GP if they are not sinister.
I have no mirror to look at my breasts.
No nipple discharge.
I don't think there is dimpling, it's hard to tell.
I have had light brown patches for ages around the nipple and on the breast.
No sunken nipples.
As I bleed abnormally (waiting for scan) they are tender and lumpy.
There is nothing about cysts on that page.

jaypo

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 08:12:07 AM »

Never be scared to "pester" your GP when you're anxious about ANY changes in your breasts. I've had so many incidents re mine, I could write a book but generally speaking if the lumps move about under your fingers and are kind of soft,they are cysts, I once found a very smal but hard lump in mine but even that turned out to be a fatty cyst rather than a fluid filled one,surgeon removed the cyst anyway. Mammograms are great but they don't pick up everything,that is why it's essential for you to kind of.....get to know your breasts,every lump and bump,some will always be there,some will go and sometimes you'll find a new one,I must try and find the site for you, I was given a pamphlet from the breast care team to explain the differences in lumps. Don't sit there worrying,phone your GP

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 08:15:41 AM »

If you put in......breast lumps NHS

Dandelion

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 12:14:15 PM »

If you put in......breast lumps NHS
Thanks