Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My cough is bad, and I can't distinguish between it being a covid cough or not?  (Read 2116 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

My Dentist removes tartar regularly as I have crooked teeth  >:(.  I'm due for a deep clean mid-November  :-X

Uptick

Hi loonarider, how are you doing? Still have the annoying cough? I've just had an idea, my persistent cough is probably due to Candida (thrush) although mine is not visible as white patches, it's the red type of lesion. I have taken oral ABs in February and June (for broken tooth and abscess) and they've probably messed up with my local microbiota. I think I might have pharyngitis or oesophagitis which is not visible, unless I have an endoscopy.

CLKD

OOhhh ......... how about a probiotic to line the gut, I find LIVE Greek yoghurt the best.  Even my dog liked it as she had heartburn when on chemotherapy.

Uptick

OOhhh ......... how about a probiotic to line the gut, I find LIVE Greek yoghurt the best.  Even my dog liked it as she had heartburn when on chemotherapy.

Already taking a pre+probiotic concoction  :great:

CLKD

Love the thumbs up, don't have that 1 do I  :great: this'll do ;-)

LIVE Greek yoghurt is good for thrush as it cleanses the whole digestive tract.  Worked 4 me after having surgery in a hurry  ::)

C.C.

My dh has had a chronic cough for a bunch of years now, he sounds like he's coughing up a lung sometimes. The ENT told him it was non-acid reflux and put him on a nasal spray (Ipratropium) 2x a day, plus flush the nose with a saline rinse (Hydrosense).  It seems to trigger when he is eating, especially acidic foods like vinegar.  I wish he would go back and see his ENT because it's not settling down. Could be the change in weather is a trigger as well.

Hope you find some relief! :foryou:

Uptick

Hi C.C., I've been prescribed pretty much the same, corticosteroid and saline nasal sprays, but I'm not convinced it's just rhinitis. I've also noticed that acidic and spicy foods give me burning mouth and tongue. I think the weather plays a massive role in many ailments, but unfortunately we can't change it, so we have to figure out how to deal with the other stuff. Thanks for your input.  :thankyou:

CLKD

We've decided together that it ain't C-19? 
Pages: 1 [2]