Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: So sick of bleeding  (Read 1035 times)

pricey

So sick of bleeding
« on: October 19, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »

Hello again,

It's now the 8th day of a withdrawal bleed from norethisterone. I was on it 15 days because of extended heavy bleeding. It never stopped completely but went down to very light spotting. The two days off norethisterone before the withdrawal bleed started were the best days. I've had 4/5very heavy days but now it's just dragging on, stopping and starting, very light. That is how my periods are sometimes and can last 10 days but I'm scared to hope. I'm waiting to speak to the doctor about my scan (have posted in another thread). I've been bleeding with the odd few days' break since July having reduced HRT and come off it completely in August. I feel like it's never going to stop. I constantly feel like crying.
I've considered trying utrogestan for a couple of weeks.  Would that help?

X

corianne

Re: So sick of bleeding
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 09:18:03 PM »

Hi Pricey - I was just about to post a very similar thing to you  :)
I was prescribed Estrogen Patches and Utrogestan about 5 months ago and the bleeding has been awful!
I may have 2-5 days (if I'm lucky!) without bleeding, then back it comes, it can be a light bleed lasting a couple of days or 7 day heavy bleeds where I leak through 2 pads.
I have go to the point where I have no idea if I am having a 'natural' period and spotting in between or something else???!!
When I use the Utrogestan it does stop the bleeding, but as soon as I come off it the bleeds start again, so I am not sure how much it is really helping in controlling things.
I have reduced the Estrogen, increased the Estrogen, stopped the Estrogen, but nothing seems to control or regulate the bleeding successfully.
Like you, I feel like crying, and that something is seriously wrong with me.  :-\
I phoned my GP today who has arranged for blood tests and a scan, and I am hoping that these help in getting some answers. My GP didn't suggest coming off the HRT or changing the dose in anyway (I've been on HRT for about 3 years now, started in Peri) so for now it's a bit of a waiting game until I get the results.
I am so sorry I can't advise or help you, but I hope by sharing my own experience you know you're not alone with this, I get it, and it's bloody awful!! (no pun intended)
Please let me know how you get on, and if I find anything more helpful to share I will let you know.
 Take care, :) xx
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:22:49 PM by corianne »

pricey

Re: So sick of bleeding
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 05:45:35 AM »

Hi Corianne,

Thanks for sharing. I hate to know someone else is going through this, but it's also reassuring to not be alone.  I've had 10 ten day bleeds before, so I'm hoping this finally shuts up shop soon. I can't see it though as none of my other bleeds have truly stopped in the last three months, just merged into another ...feel like it will never stop. I suppose I just have to be grateful it's at least back to spotting. Not to mention I'm worried sick about getting my scan results and what happens next. It's affected my mood (maybe the lack of oestrogen isn't helping?) and I just want to hibernate.

:'(
X
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 05:47:41 AM by pricey »