Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: First Step - Bloods taken  (Read 976 times)

Lander

• First Flush
First Step - Bloods taken
« on: October 09, 2020, 08:52:07 PM »

So today I finally had another set of bloods taken.
Felt a bit odd as normally I have a collection form where I can see what bloods are being requested, today it had already been forwarded electronically to Phlebotomoy dept and all I had to do on arrival was give my NHS no.

Next step, phone consultation with GP on Monday 19th. Should be having a period by then, am approx cycle day 19 today.

In the meantime have to get 4yr old son's hearing tested again on Monday before isolating from Tuesday for grommets surgery Friday 16th. Honestly endless stress with this, been chasing this since he was two and a half.

Hope you're all well,
Lxx

Hurdity

Re: First Step - Bloods taken
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 04:13:59 PM »

Hi Lander

Thanks for letting us know - is there some advice you are seeking from us?

All the best for your phone consultation as well as your son's grommet surgery. I didn't know this was still done. My son had it when he was 4 but he's now in his 30's and I thought it had fallen out of favour these days? (I'm out of date!).

Hurdity x  :welcomemm:

Lander

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:12:55 PM »

Utterly frustrating.

Bloods all 'normal' except my imflammation levels, again, that's been an issue for like seven years now and that was prior to any weight gain recently so I have no clue, they couldn't even give me advice on safe use of ibuprofen, I told them I was taking a daily morning dose to keep on top of the constant aches.

Basically she was asking what I thought I needed, I was like, you're the Dr...?!?!

offered POP pill (progesterone only) or SSRIs, so, contraception (husband had the snip over a year ago) and anti-depressants, I'm not actually depressed, I just have downers at peak hormonal points in my cycle.

Have taken pill to see if there's any relief from symptoms but I really wasn't impressed with the lack of support.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »

Typical of GPs who have little knowledge of menopause, sadly.  What's POP ? 

If your moods are cyclical then you need to consider HRT rather than ADs.  I cried bitterly the evening prior to a bleed even if a period wasn't due: it was always there the next morning.  My current depression is totally different and controlled on medication.

Have you kept a mood/food/symptom diary?

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »

Hello Lander.

Do you have an auto immune condition that would explain your  aches and inflammation levels? If levels are out of normal range the Lab is supposed to advise you to see your GP.

I understand your frustration at being offered ADs. I recently told a nurse at my surgery that my swinging moods were making me  miserable rather than depressed.

It's a shame that it has taken so long to get your son treated. A boy at my daughter's school was diagnosed with hearing loss in his first year of school. Despite the delay he made amazingly quick progress as soon as the grommets were in.

Wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 07:20:04 PM »

With regards you son's hearing loss, hopefully grommets will help. Stressful 4 you!