Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after 2 years no bleed on Evorel Conti  (Read 1024 times)

Ripfox

• First Flush
Bleeding after 2 years no bleed on Evorel Conti
« on: October 14, 2020, 10:21:33 AM »

Hi, I was 12 months bleed free so went on to Evorel Conti, all was great up until a couple of months ago when I started getting incredibly sore boobs and bleeds again and pain in one side of my belly akin to period pain. Have rung GP and she’s sending me for fast track appt to be investigated in Gyny clinic but just wondering if anyone else has had similar ???

KaraShannon

Re: Bleeding after 2 years no bleed on Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 10:31:02 AM »

I've not experienced this, I'm still having (roughly every few weeks) periods, since put on Evorel Sequi.

It's good to get checked out and I think you're better off being fast tracked.  Most times it'll put your mind at rest.

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 04:53:01 PM »

Hi, I was 12 months bleed free so went on to Evorel Conti, all was great up until a couple of months ago when I started getting incredibly sore boobs and bleeds again and pain in one side of my belly akin to period pain. Have rung GP and she’s sending me for fast track appt to be investigated in Gyny clinic but just wondering if anyone else has had similar ???

How long ago did you start Conti? Bleeding during the 1st 6 months is normal and doesn't need checking. After 6 moths you may need scans. When I was first given it (5 years post periods), the bleeding started after 3 months on full patches. Before that I had 2 months on half patches.

Ripfox

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 01:46:48 PM »

Thanks for reply.
I’ve been on E C for roughly 18/20 months with no problems and no bleeding and now it starts all over again! Driving me crazy and not what I need at all !!

Brit66

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 04:59:58 PM »

Yes, I have had this happen to me. I started June in the summer and didn't stop for 2 months. Was referred by my gp but had to wait until September to be seen by the hospital.  They did a hysteroscopy and I'm due to get my results back anytime. They said everything looked fine so im hoping it will be.
It really is a very common problem in women and the vast majority of results are perfectly normal, so try not to worry about it too much :)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 07:35:04 PM »

Ive had bleeding with evorel conti from the start, I'm 8 months in and it has got less but regularly have spotting. I think its fairly common on evorel to experience bleeding from what Ive read on here. It is definately worth getting checked out though. I was sent for fast track appointment and they do a scan first and then only do a hysteroscopy and biopsy if they consider it necessary.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 08:01:56 PM »

Any bleeding after 12 months period free should be checked.  Does it mention any thing in the leaflet in the box?