Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I have just started Setraline and freaking out.  (Read 4088 times)

loonarider

Re: I have just started Setraline and freaking out.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 01:26:50 PM »

The brain has huge input into how we function.

Any improvement today?

The side effects have finally warn off and I feel much better. HRT is the way forward I think.

loonarider

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »

I don't want to over complicate the discussion but thought I should add that I broke my sertraline pills in half for 3 years with no adverse effects.

Another thought - it might have been the fear of taking the pill itself and what the effects might be that precipitated the panic attack rather than the pill itself.
I was once given some high strength PPI pills - I googled the side effects before I started them and got myself in such a state that when I took them I started having panic attacks. Nothing to do with the pills just my own mind spiralling downwards. That was what precipitated my need for sertraline! I felt so sick and shaky with the anxiety, unable to eat get out of bed etc that honestly I would have taken poison just to feel better.

It's all so hugely complicated isn't it.

The thing is, when I eventually took it, and by the evening I had forgotten - then I started feeling extremely weird, like an  out  of body experience almonst, and then my heart was racing like it was about to brust out of my chest and I've never had that before.

Not to mention, the panic attacks I've had were not this severe where I basically fainted for about a minute. Maybe it could've been panic induced by the weird feeling that I had while I was lying in bed. My brain felt weird. Can't explain it, like fuzzy?

Anyhow, whatever the reason, I'm just glad those efects have subsided. I don't think I'll be trying it again.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 02:00:54 PM »

The head often goes weird with medication  >:( - I've got used to it now.  The zaps still make me jump though  ;D

Little steps ;-)

dahliagirl

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 08:00:40 PM »

I didn't do well on sertraline - definitely out of body.

I couldn't string a sentence together, had to check the chair before I sat on it like when you are drunk, and was up and down like a hen on a hot brick.

I had a relaxing bath for about 2 minutes, then got out of it and when I went to bed I thought I would never sleep, only to crash out then wake up paralysed and getting hotter and hotter - very scary.

I saw a counsellor after that.  The doctor said I should have taken it for 2 weeks before I gave up on it  :o

Looking back, it was probably the beginning of peri symptoms combined with a very stressful time.  I survived on gin and chocolate (probably not the best plan but it helped me), but since have done lots of yoga, pilates, breathing exercises along with dance and walks and nice bubbly baths.   I don't think it was the right thing for me, but it motivated me to do other things.

:foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 08:28:54 PM »

It's the Trial and Error that wore me down.

loonarider

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 09:10:19 PM »

Looking back, it was probably the beginning of peri symptoms combined with a very stressful time.  I survived on gin and chocolate (probably not the best plan but it helped me), but since have done lots of yoga, pilates, breathing exercises along with dance and walks and nice bubbly baths.   I don't think it was the right thing for me, but it motivated me to do other things.

:foryou:

I so relate to this. I feel that this medication malark is prompting me to find other more natural ways of dealing with this anxiety.  ::)

loonarider

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 09:10:54 PM »

The head often goes weird with medication  >:( - I've got used to it now.  The zaps still make me jump though  ;D

Little steps ;-)

:D

Shannonplussed

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 10:23:00 PM »

I don’t have anything constructive to say, but wanted to mention that the sertraline I take here in Canada isn’t a tablet at all. It’s capsules! I take both a 25mg and a 50mg together (or I did until a week ago—I’m seeing if 50mg is enough at this stage).

Uptick

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 03:57:46 PM »

I don’t have anything constructive to say, but wanted to mention that the sertraline I take here in Canada isn’t a tablet at all. It’s capsules! I take both a 25mg and a 50mg together (or I did until a week ago—I’m seeing if 50mg is enough at this stage).

Thanks Shannonplussed, maybe they have decided for capsules precisely to avoid people splitting tablets.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 04:49:48 PM »

Depends on how the country buys them ? 
Pages: 1 2 [3]