Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Stopping HRT  (Read 1581 times)

woohycn

Stopping HRT
« on: October 08, 2020, 11:53:26 PM »

My gp told me that i should stop using my evorel conti patches since i’ve been bleeding for over 2 weeks straight now and tomorrow is when i would usually change my patch and he told me to just not stick another one on.

Should i just stop using them or should i keep the one i have on right now for a couple of days then take it off?

I’m scared of all my symptoms coming back right away if i just stop using them.

Traceyjd

Re: Stopping HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 06:49:59 AM »

Hi Woohycn.....I stopped on Monday, I felt exactly the same.  I spoke to my Dr at the Newson clinic, she said as I was on a low dose I could just stop.  I was on Evorel 50 and 100mg of Utrogestan daily.  I’ve had a migraine/headache for a couple of days but otherwise ok, I expected I’d get that with the drop in hormones.  I’m sure hot sweats will come back to some degree but for me, HRT just wasn’t working well.  I’m just glad I’ve made the decision.

Good luck with what you decide.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 06:54:17 AM »

Were you given the option to swap to sequi? It seems unfair to have to stop it if bleeding is the only issue when this is a known side effect? I bled for six months non-stop before changing to sequi.

You can just stop. It takes around three months, I found when I had to stop for a while, for you to know how you are feeling without HRT.

Taz x

woohycn

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 09:31:19 AM »

Were you given the option to swap to sequi? It seems unfair to have to stop it if bleeding is the only issue when this is a known side effect? I bled for six months non-stop before changing to sequi.

You can just stop. It takes around three months, I found when I had to stop for a while, for you to know how you are feeling without HRT.

Taz x

He just told me to take it off and call the hospital to remind them of my appointment.

I’m guessing the hospital is going to put me on sequi since the last time i spoke to them they said if i bleed on conti that i would have to go on sequi.

I’m literally bleeding so much right now and it’s bright

red blood so i’m just going to take the patch off today because it’s starting to scare me.

angelteejay

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 05:03:21 PM »

I came of HRT on Tuesday because of the same thing. Bleeding for 18 days sometimes. I tried different doses etc but nothing has made me feel any different. I never had any severe menopause symptoms. I went on HRT mainly because of anxiety but to be honest I have always had anxiety and my GP suggested I tried it. It cause so many problems including severe breast pain that I decided it just wasn't for me and I'd be better off just taking my trusty mini pill until it's all over. I feel weepy today but think that's because I've had such a rough few months and my anxious brain told me coming off HRT would be awful... so you kind of believe it!!

woohycn

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 11:40:42 AM »

I also recently started having breast pain when i was on HRT, and i had lots of bleeding.

So it’s been a day since i took my patch off and my legs and hips have been aching so bad, i don’t know if it’s because i took the patch off but i think it probably is. I hope it stops soon because it’s so uncomfortable sleeping like this.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »

Hope you feel better soon. My joint/muscle pains didn't return until around 6 weeks after stopping the patches. The hot flushes were the first symptom to come back for me.

Taz x

woohycn

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 03:31:42 PM »

Hope you feel better soon. My joint/muscle pains didn't return until around 6 weeks after stopping the patches. The hot flushes were the first symptom to come back for me.

Taz x

I didn’t even have any joint pain before going on hrt, i got really bad joint pain my first month of hrt so it’s back again now that’s i’ve gotten off it.

The only symptom i had before was hot flushes and hair loss and i really don’t want those to cone back yet, hopefully i can start a new hrt before they come back.

pricey

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 04:00:03 PM »

Hi, I stopped HRT in August. I had had similar problems.  Some months ok, but often two bleeds a month plus very sore breasts. I figured it was maybe too much oestrogen despite being on a low dose, so I weaned off over 4-6 weeks.  Since then I have been bleeding, sometimes heavily,  sometimes just spotting, with the odd few days here and there of nothing. I feel so low now because of this. Other than that I think I'm doing ok symptom-wise. But now I've got to have an ultrasound to see what's going on.

X

woohycn

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »

So i had joint pain the first 2 days of stopping HRT but after that it went and i’ve just been feeling normal ever since and the bleeding has stopped but now i’ve just lost my appetite.

I barely eat anything and i don’t crave anything, do you think this is caused by stopping HRT?

I’ve lost around 2kg, i want to eat lots of stuff but nothing sounds appetising to me anymore for some reason.