Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Worried sick  (Read 1155 times)

pricey

Worried sick
« on: October 15, 2020, 06:39:57 AM »

Hello ladies,

I posted about my scan yesterday. I was feeling low as it is but now my anxiety is through the roof. Hubby and family say the sonographer sounded reassuring so why am I worried? But she said no concerns "apart from ..." She said the lining was thicker but when I asked if it was abnormally so she said no and was what she'd expect with me having a withdrawal bleed. Then after the TVS she said the endometrium was a little "wider" near the cervix, again could be bleeding, but she'd put it on the report. I'm confused because everywhere I read it says the lining is thinner during a period (I suppose this depends on what day you're on and how much left to lose). Also when I got home my bleed was heavy and I passed a large clot. Could this have accounted for thickening near my cervix? Despite what family and friends are telling me, I don't feel what I was told was reassuring. I wish she had been more specific in terms of mm etc, if she was going to say what she saw. Plus, in saying she couldn't find my ovaries and assuming this meant they had likely shrunk,  has worried me more: why have I had my own periods some months on HRT as well as the withdrawal bleed? Unless this is more proof the lining is abnormally thickened despite what she said. I also know my ovaries could just have been hiding behind gas or other structures. Also she dismissed two small fibroids as unlikely to be a problem, but couldn't they account for my heavy and prolonged bleeding, irrespective of size - I think symptoms vary?

My husband says I'm overthinking, but I can't help how I'm feeling... and meanwhile I'm still bleeding. I'm now anticipating further investigations,  including biopsy before we can begin to address the bleeding.

Sorry to blurt all this out again.

X
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:13:00 AM by pricey »

Kathleen

Re: Worried sick
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 01:31:29 PM »

Hello pricey

I am so sorry that you are having these worries.

The only relevant experience I have is of a small fibroid. My periods were regular but becoming  increasingly heavy a few years before I became  post meno.  I went to my GP when I started passing lots of clots and then had two periods in one month. I had all the usual examinations and was told that the fibroid was the culprit even though it was small. Despite subsequently taking HRT the fibroid disappeared a few years later.

I hope my experience reassures you that even small fibroids can cause a lot of bleeding.

Wishing you well.

K.

pricey

Re: Worried sick
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 02:11:42 PM »

Thank you, Kathleen. That was my thinking. I've read small fibroids can bleed lots. I can't remember what type she said they were.  Just that they were at the top of the uterus. It makes me feel better if they could account for my symptoms. I'm worried about what she said about the "width" of my lining. I can't help but feel having a scan during a heavy bleed must be less clear than just after a bleed.

X