Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Breast enlargement with HRT  (Read 7973 times)

Turquoise_Waters

• First Flush
Breast enlargement with HRT
« on: October 13, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »

Hello all.  New member, first time posting, hoping for some advice.

I had POI, diagnosed at 38.  Went on continuous high dose HRT 2011 as mostly worried about osteoporosis and experienced night sweats. 

This was mostly good except my breasts went from a B to a D cup. I know a lot of women would pay £££ for that, but as a petite size 10 I was happy with a B cup and feel like a freak, plus they were full of cysts.  So I've now come off HRT for 12 months hoping they would go back to a B cup, but all that's happened is they are less full, more droopy  >:(  Over the whole time I maybe put on half a stone, nothing more, so I feel like its the HRT rather than weight gain causing this. 

Has anyone else had the same thing and been able to successfully reduce their cup size again? 

I'm toying with the idea of going back on HRT as still worried about the osteoporosis risk and have experienced some other side effects like vaginal dryness but don't want them to get even bigger!!

Hurdity

Re: Breast enlargement with HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:11:02 PM »

Hi Turquoise Waters

Your post got missed so  :welcomemm: !! I hope you see this response...

All I can say is that as I progressed into late peri-menopause ( early 50's) my breasts shrunk and as you say - became less dense and very floppy and insubstantial (!). As soon as I started HRT they regained their previous density and shape and yes probably increased by at least a cup size. I am short though medium frame/bone size so actually my figure looked better with the slightly larger breasts ie more in proportion then what they had become! I also had lumpy breasts (either caused by or as leading tolots of mastitis when feeding my babies) but have regular mammograms  and have been on HRT for 13 + years now (in mid 60's).

Also breasts grow in size with weight gain - even half a stone makes a difference. I'm short but around half a stone overweight now maybe a bit more - and they are definitley larger due to fat deposition.

I think it is important to take HRT for as long as you can in your position as you say to help protect against osteoporosis amongst other things - so if you can cope with breasts being a bit larger, try to embrace your new shape, keep as fit and slim as you can, don't drink too much and hopefully you will eventually feel OK?

Let us know what you decide, and hopefully someone else might be along to talk about HRT and breasts  ::)

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 12:15:27 PM »

Heavy breasts can cause their own problems, i.e. intense back ache.

Whilst HRT can protect heart and bones, so can a good diet.  Lots of protein and dairy as well as brisk exercise i.e. walking.  10mins. 3 times a week, walking fast enough not to be puffed out but still able to carry on a conversation. 

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary and review your overall diet. 

As oestrogen levels drop so the muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry: inside and out, do read the bladder issues and vaginal atrophy threads.  As Hurdity suggests, let us know how you get on.

Turquoise_Waters

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »

Hello!  sorry for ever so late reply from me.  i checked for responses for a few days and then forgot about it (menopause to blame for that!).

long story short, i went back on HRT but my boobs have gone back to heavy and full of cysts so now i am in conversation with another doctor who has suggested it could help to decrease the oestrogen and hs suggested either a lower dose HRT or progesterone only and a oestrogen pessary twice a week.  I didnt think lower does oestrogen was an option to me due to having a premature menopause, but i'm considering going down the progesterone tablet and oestrogen pessary to see how that goes.

Wish me luck!