Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Arrrrrggghhhhhh!!  (Read 1326 times)

JoJo42

Arrrrrggghhhhhh!!
« on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:07 PM »

Hi All,

quote From my last post... in August....

“I have had to change to Evorel Sequi patches. Started on full patches, but then had problems with bloating and period-type pains (low back and tummy but no bleeding) and I ended up ripping the patch off. I came back here and had a surf around on the forum and found a thread where someone had similar problems and they went onto half patches. After a couple of weeks of no hrt and return of hot flushes etc I decided to try the Evorel sequi again and started cutting the patches in half. And...So far, so good!! No pains/side effects... and the flushes and sweats etc are all under control.
I was wondering if it is ok to stay on half patches indefinitely?? (I cut the evorel 50 patches AND the conti patches in half)  Grateful for any advice, Jo xxxx

Me after a short time on the half patches: “Woah-oh-oh...what a feelin’ I’m dancin’ on the ceilin’....cel-e-brate good times, c’mon....” (turns cartwheels down the road)

Me, approx 12 weeks down the line: (*twisted up in pain like a withered and miserable old gollum...): “AWAY!! leaves me in the dark cave room with the precioussssssss” *strokes packet of ibuprofen...

How the mighty have fallen. Oh the agony! My shoulders and upper back area between my shoulder blades are killing me! It seemed to be getting better then came back. Anyone else had this happen after reducing their dose of hrt? Could this be related to not enough oestrogen? I’m resting as much as possible and not doing any heavy lifting etc. I’ve increased to full patch two days ago to see if this will help. I had hip pains and achilles tendon pains before hrt but never any shoulder/shoulder blade pain. Never anything like this! Oof!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Arrrrrggghhhhhh!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 05:53:21 PM »

Get some 'nurofen' down you.  As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains. 

Make sure that your seating positions are comfortable and check your foot wear ;-)

JoJo42

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »

Thanks, CLKD. Just popped two more pills, although Anti inflammatories don’t seem to be very effective for some reason. Footwear seems ok. Posture definitely needs tweaking...will take more computer breaks too as that helps. Went to bed this afternoon with the electric blanket on...now that really helped... a lot. I think I might just go to bed for the winter and enter into a kind of hibernation state...waking up briefly for Christmas dinner. I’m usually pretty positive about stuff, but Menopause is doing my head in. It’s just basically a case of sorting one issue and then moving on along to the next. Ah well. Things could be much worse. I’ve upped the dose to full patches instead of half because I’ve also noticed that I’ve started to feel hot, on and off, throughout the night too just lately - not full blown night sweats but enough to wake me up, so maybe the half patch isn’t doing the trick...and I’m more grumpy from being sleep-deprived. One thing tips the balance and the whole lot can soon tumble...    Cheers xx

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 08:31:29 PM »

Firstly absolutely love your sense of humour lol  ;D. I had the image of Gollum holding ibuprofen pmsl ! 😂

I was on mx 50 patches, felt amazing for 6 month, then was put on gel, I didn't absorb it so had a massive dip in estrogen, periods stopped for those 3 months and my bladder must have withered to an old prune as I had constant strong feeling of needing a wee, I felt crap,  fatigue, aches and pains. I was an irritable female version of Victor meldrew crossed with Jekyll and Hyde.

I went back on patches, but even higher dose mx75, literally within a few days I felt amazing again. I hope you improve on the full patches. Bloody hormones !.

Lillith.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 08:33:35 PM by lillith112 »

JoJo42

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 02:55:48 PM »

Victor Meldrew...Jeckyll and Hyde...  ;D.  Oh I can totally relate! I’m beginning to think...to hope...that it is all caused by the lower dose. I’ve been on a full patch for 4 days now and have felt an improvement today - haven’t needed to take painkillers so far and even managed to do a little bit of work in the garden. This happened last week though where I felt better and then slid backwards into the sinking swamp of pain and doom! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that increasing the dose will do the trick as that’s a fairly easy fix. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to be on hrt for the rest of my life as every time I’ve tried to come off it the problems have come back with a vengeance. I’ve been at this menopause lark now since my late thirties and I’m now 51. It has been a massive struggle with loads of blips but I have managed to get everything stable for long periods of time too. It annoys me when the hrt keeps going out of production because of “manufacturing issues”. Every time this has happened things have gone haywire for loads of women and it doesn’t help if Gps are not up to date with all the info. The amount of times I’ve had to sit in a medication review to be told Ican’t have both systemic hrt AND vaginal oestrogen and had to battle with the gp for them to then back down and say they are not up to date with menopause stuff....unreal...I’m sure there are some lovely gps out there, but the ones I’ve seen have sent my blood pressure through the roof! 

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 05:14:52 PM »

It's because the NHS won't pay for it!

Your GP is out of date ........... refer them to this forum or suggest that they send Dr Currie an e-mail.

Lots of appropriate vaginal atrophy treatment up there ;-).  Some find that alternating one patch with half a patch can work too, it's a bit Trial and Error. Do you keep a diary?

I wouldn't even wake for C.mas lunch ;-).  We eat well all year round anyway.  Give me Yorkshire puds any day  :-*

JoJo42

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »

I always turn up to my appointments now armed with info from this forum and all kinds of guidelines. I use Vagifem x5 per week and would be in a mess without it. Alternating one patch with half a patch...OOH!!! Now then...what a great idea!! Thanks for that. When I first started with the evorel sequi the full patches gave me side effects of back ache/stomach pain like period pains which stopped when i removed the patch so i might try alternating if i have any issues again now. Love Yorkshire puds, have them every Sunday.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 06:47:41 PM »

Oh what's time is lunch  ;D