Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sandrina and Utrogestan combo  (Read 791 times)

Graciemouse

Sandrina and Utrogestan combo
« on: October 09, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »

Hello ladies

I’m on 100mg utrogestan continuously orallly, and 0.5mg of Sandrina gel. Flushes we’re getting bad and sleep was starting to deteriorate so my doctor said to up the gel sachets to 1mg.

Been doing that for about a week now. Sleeping better and flushes better but starting to feel a bit queezy and headachy. Rings are tighter too.

I’m wondering is the oestrogen a bit too high now? To balance it out I’ve started to use the Utro vaginally as I’m hoping it’ll have a stronger effect “up there” than through the bloodstream? Would 1mg and 100mg Utro daily sound about right do you think?

I’ve tried coming off the Utro for a week every so often to see if I have a bileed ... but nothing! This kind of tells me that my lining is thin enough so I’m ok with what I’m doing?

What are peoples thoughts please? Do I drop down to 0.5mg again or stick to 1mg and hopefully the queeziness and headacheyness will subside? I think I’d rather manage with them but have better sleep and less hot flushes?

Thank you xx

Hurdity

Re: Sandrina and Utrogestan combo
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 04:11:18 PM »

Hi Graciemouse

Sorry to hear you're not feeling quite right yet - HRT often needs a bit of tweaking until you settle on the right dose of the right combo.

If the queasiness is due to increased oestrogen then this should settle. 1 mg Sandrena is not a very high dose and especially if you are post-menopausal - which I presume you are if on conti HRT?

The dose of progesterone needed to balance the oestrogen dose is nothing to do with how you feel - but just in terms of womb protection - if that's what you mean when you say "to balance it out"?

Hopefully the 1 mg will sort itself out . Personally yes I would want to have better sleep and fewer flushes but of course depends how bad the headaches are. usually the oestrogen dose recommended is the minumum required at least to stop flushes and then sometimes women want to go higher for other symptoms but flushes should be the first to go. Again if due to increased oestrogen these should settle.

You didn't say how long you've been on this combo? Continuous progesterone can cause headaches but if you've been taking it for some time then this is unlikely to be the reason.

How are you feeling now? Hopefully better - do let us know :)

Hurdity x

Graciemouse

Re: Sandrina and Utrogestan combo
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »

Thanks Hurdity!
I’ve only just seen this because I’d not checked in for ages. Sorry!
I can report that I’m feeling MUCH better.
The sleep is pretty good.
The flushes have gone - totally!
The headaches have gone
The nausea has gone.
So....I’m liking this combo. I’ve been on Utro and sandrina for about a year now. I’ve always been on the continuous Utro but the Sandrina was only a 0.5mg dose. I seem to be MUCH better on the 1mg dose.
Thank you so much for getting back to me though xx