Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Further update  (Read 2098 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Further update
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 11:40:22 AM »

I think we can imagine all kinds of issues - especially if it concerns a private part of the body ;-).  But GPs really have seen it all B4. 

Did you manage to sleep or did it nip?

kp64

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 12:40:16 PM »

Did get some sleep.

It’s the pain that radiates into the bum cheek and on that funny muscle, never had anything like this before very strange sensation.

Just called the chemist but cream still not in, so looks like Monday

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »

This sounds like piriformis problems which can be linked to inflammation of the sciatic nerve. This gives pain in the buttock and the bottom. I had a short s of this when I pulled my hamstring and when I was walking better again my change of gait affected the piriformis. It was very painful.

Taz x

kp64

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »

It’s very uncomfortable, I have never ever heard that this happens from a tear. Although I don’t think I’ve had one before only a pile.  The cream I’ve been prescribed is to numb the sphincter muscle which is at the opening of your bottom. Apparently if you get a tear this muscle goes into spasm causing pain and soreness across your bum, lower back etc and restricts blood flow to the tear so it can’t heal.  Fingers crossed cream is in tomorrow thanks Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]