Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Do periods just stop?  (Read 1640 times)

DS68

Do periods just stop?
« on: October 05, 2020, 09:11:46 PM »

Hi
I've been searching online and non the wiser after my search...
Do periods just stop or do they fade away?  I've had mixed periods length and lightness for past few months. Prior to that like a clock on time etc.

I'm take 1.5 pumps of gel and supposed to be taking ustrogetan for the 15 days. My question is I don't seem to be having a period this month so do I not take the ustrogetan ? If I do when if no period to count. Or should I be on something else now instead if I'm not having a period.

Sorry if I appear to not know the basics. But clear simple answers seems beyond my searching capabilities.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Do periods just stop?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:17:25 PM »

Not many of us really know: most of us think it's end of periods, the odd hot flush .......... however.  The Change does what it says on the tin!

My periods waxed and waned for 2-3 years.  I had V heavy, V painful, clotty bleeds 4 years ....... until I went on The Pill for 11 years B4 being sterilised.  Then the bleeds were less of a problem.  Then I developed PMT  ::).

Sometimes my periods would run almost normal i.e. every 25-28 days apart, then disappear for months.  Then reappear ......... it was 'normal' for me.  I have a friend who stopped.  That was it.  That friend, as an aside, had a 4 hour labour with her first child  :D if that has anything to do with her periods simply disappearing  ::).  She rang me that morning to say that she was in labour, then 4.5 hours later "I've a baby"  8)

I think that you carry on with the HRT?  MayB put utrogesten into the search box and see what pops up?

DS68

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 09:22:56 PM »

Thank you CLKD x
And by the way. I think your amazing, you always have time.to answer people and I thinks that's such an admirable thing to do. This site is good because of you 🙂. We should all try to make more.time to be compassionate to others.

My MM medal 2020 goes to CLKD 👍

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 09:49:01 PM »

It can be confusing. If you are not in HRT then periods will change as you get further into menopause but on HRT it is difficult to know what is a period of an HRT induced bleed. Usually your HRT bleed will arrive after you have finished the utrogestan. It's called a 'withdrawal bleed' as the withdrawal of the utrogestan is what triggers it. How long have you been on this HRT and what were your periods doing when you started HRT?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 08:55:23 AM »

:wub:

DS68

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 09:08:09 AM »

Hi Taz

My periods were normal and regular. But I have had one this month. But have all the symptoms as though my bodies trying to have a period. I'm wondering what I should do about the ustrogetan as I would normally take it last 15 days of my cycle. Should I continue taking it as if I did have a period or not?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 10:45:32 AM »

What does it suggest in the leaflet in the box?

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 10:52:02 AM »

I think we sort of covered this in your post from last month? You can read it here https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51308.msg790738.html#msg790738

Taz x  :)

DS68

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 09:13:57 AM »

Oh gosh !

Forgot about that post! Sorry.

Still no period so I will continue  with ustrogetan for 12 days. Does this mean I will just continue as I am with the same doses or will I lower the ustrogetan dose if I don't have periods anymore.

I feel quite sad my periods have stopped not sure that is a normal reaction to something I used to complain about. 😐

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 10:04:50 AM »

I think you will still have the same dose as, when you are taking oestrogen, a progesterone is necessary to protect the womb lining from developing endometrial cancer?

Taz x

DS68

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 01:38:44 PM »

Thank you Taz x