Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: DEXAscans  (Read 986 times)

Joaniepat

DEXAscans
« on: September 30, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »

Does anyone know if it is important always to have any repeat DEXAscans done on the same machine, at the same facility? US websites tell me that this is so, but can't find any UK information on this.
Thanks,
JP x

Nik2502

Re: DEXAscans
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »

Hi
No I don’t think it matters. I’ve had two at different hospitals.
Nik x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 06:03:39 PM »

If 1 moved areas ........... do Hospitals have the same models across the UK?  I think that an over-all bone scan is important rather than worrying about the actual machine, after all if the scans show problems, wouldn't the Dept recall?  The important area is the pelvis.

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 07:16:00 PM »

Thanks ladies. I have had 2 scans in the past at the ChelWest. I got an invitation to attend for one at a different hospital. I rang the radiographer at the latter and asked her if I should attend. She said no, it was important to use the same machine. I understood it's to do with slight differences in calibration. Therefore  I'll be going back to the ChelWest when next scan is due in summer next year.
JP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »

Was the invite due to age ............ no joined up thinking is there  :-\

Let us know how you get on?

Joaniepat

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »

I think it was a combination of age and recent arm break. However, the fracture clinic are denying they asked for it, but somebody must have, it's not done as routine, they wait until you break something  >:(
JP x

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 12:33:39 PM »

You're quite right Hasty. My two scans were done at the ChelWest because the meno clinic there ordered them. I had mentioned my concern about osteoporosis to them because my mother had it quite badly. I count myself lucky to have got onto the system.
JP x