Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Kidney pain  (Read 1537 times)

KAH

Kidney pain
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:27:25 PM »

Hi ladies,
I wonder if anyone can relate? About 10 days -2 wks ago I started getting back pain on the right side, about halfway down. No other symptoms but I noticed today that my pee was pink, so maybe blood in there.
Can you get a kidney infection without cystitis symptoms? I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and during that week I was waking every night for a wee which isnt usual for me, That’s stopped now but that’s the only urinary thing I can think of that’s been different.
The back pain hasn’t got worse, I do notice it more if I tense my back, but it’s not got better either. Any advice?

KAH

Re: Kidney pain
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »

You really need to get a sample into the doctor and get on the correct antibiotic. Kidney infections can make you feel really unwell. So get yourself a telephone appointment first thing on Monday to get this seen to. In the meantime, try and drink a lot and take paracetamol for pain or fever.
It’s really not something you should ignore.
Does it sound like a kidney infection? I thought you had to have cystitis symptoms first that then progressed to an infection but as I said, I’ve had no UTI symptoms at all. Thinking about it I did think my pee looked pink a few weeks ago but didn’t have the back pain then so didn’t think any more of it!

CrispyChick

Re: Kidney pain
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:21:28 PM »

When I've had previous kidney infections, twice, I don't think I had obvious urinary symptoms.

And bad pain in lower back, shivers etc...

Defo get checked. My last episode was not treated correctly avd I ended up pretty ill.