Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagisil for atrophy  (Read 1677 times)

Stockport1965

Vagisil for atrophy
« on: October 02, 2020, 09:06:07 PM »

At an appointment today with an advanced practicioner, I explained my atrophy problem and that all areas outside are very sore and getting worse. She suggested vagisil. Would that work, anyone use it?

Taz2

Re: Vagisil for atrophy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »

Have you been offered any topical oestrogen? This is standard treatment for vaginal atrophy.

Taz x

Lyncola

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 04:49:54 AM »

My doctor did the same thing nearly two years ago recommended Vagisil. She was trying to see if that made any difference (which it didn’t) so then she put me on Ovestin or  Vagifem (topical oestrogen)

I don’t recommend using Vagisil, has a lot of crap in there that can make the problem worse. If you were trying a virginal moisture use yes or Olive and Bee.

But it sounds like you need Ovestin or vagifem and you can use Yes or Olive and bee though out the day.

Stockport1965

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 05:51:59 AM »

I am currently on Vagifem (using daily) but it's not enough. Once a week I increase to 2. It itches and stings around the vulva to perineum so was wondering if there was anything i could put on that daily too?

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 06:38:46 AM »

Doesn't Vagisil contain lidocaine? The only thing that will achieve is to mask any problems.

Stockport1965, has anybody had a look at your vulva? You could try using Ovestin externally as Vagifem may not tackle external issues. But if that doesn't work I would see a vulva dermatologist to check for other conditions.

JP x

Stockport1965

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »

Doesn't Vagisil contain lidocaine? The only thing that will achieve is to mask any problems.

Stockport1965, has anybody had a look at your vulva? You could try using Ovestin externally as Vagifem may not tackle external issues. But if that doesn't work I would see a vulva dermatologist to check for other conditions.

JP x

I will make an appointment (if I can get one!) next week for a check of it. Vagisil contains lidocaine but Vagisan moisturiser doesn't

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 09:11:50 AM »

I would ask for 'ovestin' in stead of 'vagifem' to use around the vulval area and inside the vagina.  'vagifem' often isn't enough as it is a small amount, even on a nightly usage.

Your GP needs to read the NICE Guidelines  >:(