Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Has anyone forgotten to take old HRT patch off?  (Read 890 times)

Teresa

Has anyone forgotten to take old HRT patch off?
« on: December 24, 2022, 08:46:43 AM »

Hi All,
I’m hoping someone may be able to help or has done something similar…I’ve been on continuous Evorel 75 patches with daily utrogestan for over a year and today, when I changed my patch over mid weekly, I realised I still had the other one on. I alternate bottom cheeks and have no idea why I didn’t realise I’d left the old one still on  ::)
Has anyone ever done this? I always ensure I change exactly mid weekly and I read that there is only enough eostregen in these for four days, so would it have worn off? I haven’t felt any different to how I usually feel, but I am worried about oestregen overdose.
Happy Christmas!
Thankyou,
Teresa
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 08:48:45 AM by Teresa »

Joaniepat

Re: Has anyone forgotten to take old HRT patch off?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »

The patch only has four days worth of oestrogen in it. You'll be fine, I've done it too  :)
JP x

Teresa

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 09:09:49 AM »

Hi Joaniepat,
Thankyou! I’m not the only one  :) I can’t believe I did it and I didn’t even notice in the shower. I was so confused when it came to changing it this morning lol  ::)
It must be Christmas being on my mind…
Thankyou for putting my mind at rest.
Teresa

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 09:12:55 AM »

I have done this too! I did not feel any different. It is easily done.😀

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 10:42:50 AM »

I don't think you need to worry. I did it deliberately to try and get a higher dose and I felt no difference.

Teresa

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 02:50:56 PM »

Thankyou Sheila99 & Flossieteacake,
It’s good to know we are all not alone in doing this! I was completely stumped this morning as I’m so used to having one side with no patch, it was a strange moment…I’m glad neither of you also experienced no ill effects.

Petra

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 03:54:11 AM »

I don't think you need to worry. I did it deliberately to try and get a higher dose and I felt no difference.

I do this, too! :-)

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »

Teresa, you are so not alone. I've done it when my routine is disrupted - holiday/christmas  things like that.
Like the others I felt no difference.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 04:12:12 AM »

Hi All,
I’m hoping someone may be able to help or has done something similar…I’ve been on continuous Evorel 75 patches with daily utrogestan for over a year and today, when I changed my patch over mid weekly, I realised I still had the other one on. I alternate bottom cheeks and have no idea why I didn’t realise I’d left the old one still on  ::)
Has anyone ever done this? I always ensure I change exactly mid weekly and I read that there is only enough eostregen in these for four days, so would it have worn off? I haven’t felt any different to how I usually feel, but I am worried about oestregen overdose.
Happy Christmas!
Thankyou,
Teresa
I did this last week.
I take other hormones and meds, the progesterone interacts with one med, and I used to freak out if I made any errors.
Now I am a bit more softer on myself, however, it would benefit me to complete my daily records of amounts on my notes app, instead of being lazy and not completing them.