Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Stopping Femoston advice?  (Read 1088 times)

JenniesCat

Stopping Femoston advice?
« on: September 27, 2020, 09:36:51 AM »

Having a wobble 4 months into Femoston 1/10.
This month I’ve felt so fatigued, the kind of tiredness that sleep doesn’t always lift. I’ve also felt flat, wooly headed, a bit nauseas and ‘windy’ (which I haven’t had before!  ;D) My hair also seems to have gone much much finer on Femoston and lacks body at certain times.  Admittedly Pre HRT my hair would also go through phases of feeling great then pre period very dry and lack lustered   :-\ So I know you can’t have it all!!  My periods also seem to have returned to normality on the tabs now every 26 - 32 days, for the moment at any rate.

Also dreaded health anxiety.
I scared myself yesterday worrying about cancer. I didn’t make the choice to go on HRT without carefully considering as my mum died of ovarian cancer and yesterday I read some online health article (quoting Lyster health guidelines) that HRT is twice as likely to increase the risk for it even though my GP said there is no proven link with HRT & ovarian cancer and a small but low risk with breast cancer. The article was 2015 and the guidelines have changed since then.

Just out of advice - does anyone have advice on stopping Femoston?  I thought I read that you could just stop as it’s a low dose? Or does it have to be gradual? The hardest thing is getting to see a Dr at the moment. (My GP wants me to do a year on HRT).

Maybe I’m just having a wobble. Mostly I have felt better for the HRT but I’m worried about the long term effects.

Thank so much for any helpful thoughts much appreciated   :)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 07:07:34 AM by JenniesCat »

JenniesCat

Re: Stopping Femoston?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 07:37:16 AM »

A week on and everything I was having a week 10 days ago has passed apart from odd bout of anxiety. Feel as if my symptoms come and go along with my own feelings about HRT. Sometimes great/sometimes wondering if it’s made much difference. Could anyone offer general advise about stopping Femoston? Best to cut down gradually or can you stop on 1/10 altogether? Would appreciate.

DS68

Re: Stopping Femoston cyclical advice!?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:12:50 AM »

Hi Jennie

I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will post soon.

X

JenniesCat

Re: Stopping Femoston cyclical advice!?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 07:06:47 AM »

Thank you. Yes hopefully!