Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Nausea and vomiting  (Read 1581 times)

sed

Nausea and vomiting
« on: October 11, 2020, 06:22:20 AM »

Hi ladies, over this weekend I have been experiencing nausea and vomiting. I have been on Evorel Conti for 4 weeks. I have had nausea since the start mainly in the morning which usually passes quite quickly with ginger tea.

For the past week I have noticed nausea can wake me up.  Yesterday it was with me most of the day and vomited twice.  I have woken this morning and whilst I haven’t vomited yet feel the same as yesterday.

The only change I have made since Monday this week I have added a supplement to help with the fatigue and tiredness - A Vogel Menopause Support which has stated can be taken alongside HRT.  I expect as other medication this can cause nausea.  Wondering if anyone has taken this and how they felt on it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Nausea and vomiting
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 09:42:22 AM »

I would stop the supplement.  Hormone upheaval caused tremendous, debilitating nausea I would know where very waste bin was in a store  :'(

Uptick

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 01:42:40 PM »

Agree. Soy isoflavones most common side effects are upset stomach and nausea.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/isoflavones-benefits-side-effects-dosage-and-interactions-4687017

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »

How is it now?  Lots of cooled, boiled water to sip regularly. 

sed

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 02:26:46 PM »

Haven’t vomited today but still feel awful - nausea is awful.  Ginger tea isn’t much helping today so will try the boiled water - sounds like a plan.

I wonder how long it will take for that stuff to get out my system now.  Just thought was helping my symptoms and I get more for the idea 😢. As it was only a week I hope it isn’t too long.  Haven’t taken any today.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 04:06:09 PM »

It is.   :'(

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 06:20:51 PM »

Hi Sed

So sorry to hear you are feeling poorly - nausea and vomiting is incredibly debilitating and I completely empathise.
Could you ask for something from your doctor to help? Mine has prescribed me some anti nausea medication to help when I feel sick (also have vom phobia so I worry about it even more!). I have prochlorperazine normally but he has recently given me some cyclizine to try. It is mean to be helpful with morning sickness so he felt it would be good for hormonal related nausea.

I really hope you feel better soon xx

sed

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 10:17:10 AM »

Still poorly.  Nausea woke me at 3am and haven’t slept since.  Can’t eat either.  Contacted surgery for a prescription of anti-sickness but have to speak to a GP and that won’t be until tomorrow.  Now i am wondering whether i am hungry, tired or nauseous 😢

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 10:27:31 AM »

A bit of everything.   Maybe speak to a Pharmacist ? 

Join The Club Mogster71 - there's a thread of mine somewhere here, 'emitophobia' it think  :-\

sed

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 05:27:04 PM »

My afternoon has got better.....I managed to flag down my work place GP and he prescribed me some anti-sickness tabs -cyclizine to take if required although I haven’t had to so far! 

I shouldn’t but now thinking about tonight and hope I get a good night as I feel I have been to war.  It would make such a difference.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 05:52:10 PM »

Is the anti-sickness drug drowsy, if so take 1 B4 bed ? then eat some ginger biscuits.

sed

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »

It is CLKD and good idea  :)

sed

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 10:36:38 AM »

UPDATE...so, I had to speak to my GP today as she has requested more bloods.  I explained to her my symptoms and feel as though I always seem to get to a point in my HRT regime and then I crash.  Oh haven’t got the “typical” symptoms of HRT, mine is mainly physical symptoms of anxiety and now nausea and eye dryness.  I haven’t had an issue with flushes or night sweats.

She thinks I should go ahead a full blood test but says she is not convinced this is menopause.  I should take an AD.  She says of course it’s my choice but thinks I should stop figuring out if I am on the correct dosage of HRT and take an AD and see how I go!

Now my brain is spinning!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:52:34 AM by sed »

Uptick

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »

Sorry to hear that you're still nauseous. It could be anxiety, but I wouldn't take any oral medication if nausea is the main symptom. 🤔 Full blood test is a good idea.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 12:56:56 PM »

I may have suggested previously but have you put the HRT names into the search box here?  2 see what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

Your GP is pushing ADs because she doesn't understand HRT ?  some ladies do suffer during part of the regime.