Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bleeding on Evorel Conti after 5 months  (Read 1940 times)

woohycn

Bleeding on Evorel Conti after 5 months
« on: October 02, 2020, 12:37:00 AM »

So i’m on my 5th month of HRT and will be going onto my 6th month at the end of October and i’m still bleeding on Evorel Conti patches so do you guys think that i need to change to sequi? I really don’t want to because i hate having periods but i’d rather just have it once a month than every 2 weeks.

I don’t even know how i’m going to get it changed because the hospital said they would call me back in 4 months but they forgot about me due to corona and they won’t answer the phone, my GP won’t do anything either so i’m fucked.

Would anything happen if i just stayed on Evorel conti even if i’m bleeding after the 6 months?? I literally have no idea what to do and it’s stressing me out so bad.

Taz2

Re: Bleeding on Evorel Conti after 5 months
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 09:25:55 AM »

I bled continuously for the first six months on FemSeven conti and I decided to swap back to sequi. After initial first two months my bleeds settled down to once a month, were light and lasted 3 days. It seems as if this might be a better choice for you too unless a different conti regime would give you a better result? I didn't bother trying, I must admit, after 6 months of bleeding.

Taz x  :hug:

woohycn

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 07:55:23 PM »

I bled continuously for the first six months on FemSeven conti and I decided to swap back to sequi. After initial first two months my bleeds settled down to once a month, were light and lasted 3 days. It seems as if this might be a better choice for you too unless a different conti regime would give you a better result? I didn't bother trying, I must admit, after 6 months of bleeding.

Taz x  :hug:

I’ve literally been bleeding for 8 days straight now and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to stop yet. I also think that i just got a hot flush again for the first time since i’ve started HRT.

Don’t think these patches are working for me :(

Do you know how i can get them changed? Do i just call my GP?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 05:47:17 PM »

I changed to evorel conti from sequi 7 months ago. I have had a lot of bleeding, mainly spotting off and on but also one instance of flooding and a lot of blood loss. For me it has got a bit better the last month, but sadly I have started bleeding again, very slight but still a nuisance. I was told by the menopause clinic if it continued after 6 months I should either cut the patches in half and if symptoms reoccured change HRT to evorel 50 and provera. Neither option appeals. They also said that if I wasn't fully menopausal then it could be break through bleeding which would indicate using sequi. However, I am 58 so dont think this is likely and also conti is much better at controlling my headaches. Let us know how you get on. I'm hoping for solutions too.

woohycn

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 01:13:16 PM »

So i’ve been bleeding since the 25th of September and it still hadn’t stopped but like it was barely there but today i just started to fully bleed again.

I’m actually starting to panic now, this has never happened before. I’ve been bleeding for 2 weeks today and now i’ve started to bleed lots again instead of it stopping :(

Uptick

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 01:36:06 PM »

Hi, maybe you need high doses because you're too young. Have you and your doctors considered  contraceptives instead of HRT?

woohycn

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 01:44:02 PM »

No, i haven’t even been in contact with my doctors ever since they put me on these patches.

They told me they would call me back in for a dexa scan and bloodtests in 4 months but it’s almost been almost 6 now and still nothing.

Uptick

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 01:49:37 PM »

Thanks. Have you tried to contact them? The disruption caused by the pandemic must be the reason why they have 'forgotten' you, but now services should be restored and you must contact them.

woohycn

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 01:53:58 PM »

I called my gp a couple of months ago to ask why the hospital hadn’t called me back but they just said that they can’t do anything about it. I called the hospital too but they didn’t pick up.

I’m going to call my gp now and see if they can change my hrt for me or something.

AH10

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 01:54:56 PM »

Hi, I bled almost continuously on evorel conti and over past couple of years went between conti and sequi.  Sequi did regulate the bleeding to monthly but my GP has now decided I shouldn’t be using this (my last natural period was c9 years ago).  I’ve just started taking evorel 50 and utrogestan, keeping my fingers crossed for no bleeding.

I did get various tests eg scan and hysteroscopy and all ok, I just seemed to bleed!!

Hope you get it sorted x

Uptick

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »

Good luck 😉 and keep us posted. If you don't have any worries about contraceptives, ask your GP if this could be an option.

woohycn

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 02:12:02 PM »

Hi, I bled almost continuously on evorel conti and over past couple of years went between conti and sequi.  Sequi did regulate the bleeding to monthly but my GP has now decided I shouldn’t be using this (my last natural period was c9 years ago).  I’ve just started taking evorel 50 and utrogestan, keeping my fingers crossed for no bleeding.

I did get various tests eg scan and hysteroscopy and all ok, I just seemed to bleed!!

Hope you get it sorted x

I’ve just been bleeding on and off since the second month and i stopped bleeding for almost a month but now i’ve been bleeding for 2 weeks straight, it’s a mess.

I feel like sequi would work best for me anyway since i’m 18 but i just hate bleeding so i wanted to see if conti would work for me and it hasn’t unfortunately.

Thank you & hopefully we both stop bleeding :)

woohycn

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 03:31:44 PM »

So i just spoke to my gp and he told me to get off the patches and call the hospital to ask when my appointment would be.

Do you guys know how long a withdrawl bleed lasts?? i mean it won’t be that much of a difference since i’m already bleeding.

Ugh i’m not excited to have hot flushes again :(

Uptick

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 03:59:24 PM »

That's a start. Have you called the hospital?

woohycn

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2020, 04:11:39 PM »

That's a start. Have you called the hospital?

Not yet, i’m going to call them tomorrow.
I hope all my symptoms don’t come back quickly :(
Pages: [1] 2