Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Insomnia, feeling frustrated!  (Read 773 times)

Brit66

Insomnia, feeling frustrated!
« on: October 01, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »

Hi all, I started HRT a month ago. I have seen a huge improvement in my symptoms; anxiety, heavy periods, hot flushes,  but my insomnia is the same, if not a little worse. I wondered if it was the Sandrena I take at night, so switched to mornings a couple of days ago, but it's no better.
Does this symptom improve with continued use of HRT? I'm currently using 0.5 packs and slowly increasing up to 1mg.
Thank you everyone in advance!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Insomnia, feeling frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:21:33 PM »

At least some of your symptoms are improving?  Insomnia can be difficult to get over.  What is your sleep pattern like?

I have nights when I sleep for about 1.5 hrs then am awake for ages - usually due to a bath room visit  ::).  Others I can't get to sleep at all so read ............ once awake my brain goes into overdrive  :-\

Brit66

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 08:59:40 PM »

At least some of your symptoms are improving?  Insomnia can be difficult to get over.  What is your sleep pattern like?

I have nights when I sleep for about 1.5 hrs then am awake for ages - usually due to a bath room visit  ::).  Others I can't get to sleep at all so read ............ once awake my brain goes into overdrive  :-\

Hi CKLD, thanks for sharing your experience. Oh yes, I feel so much better, no doubt about it. But sleep is really important too of course, and I need more of it! I usually get about 6 hours, 7 is when I feel really good and refreshed, anymore and I feel groggy-not that it happens often..!
I have a really busy life, with family, work and I'm a student nurse, so I need my energy levels to be at an optimum level. Hopefully,  hrt will help with this, I'm going to also take some magnesium at bedtime and then,  if that doesn't work,  some melatonin. Hopefully,  I will hear from a few members on what they use too.

Flan747

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 05:23:03 AM »

Hi Brit66
I have always had problems sleeping since peri started! I now so straight off to sleep but have disturbed sleep pattern and wake up about 5 which isn’t it great! I use Magnesium spray but not sure if that helps! I did try Melatonin but didn’t find much difference but I have heard good reviews! To be honest I was trying so much in one go I cut right back to see where I was at! Sleep deprivation is awful especially as it sounds like you have an active life! Good luck as always

Brit66

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 06:43:22 AM »

Hi Brit66
I have always had problems sleeping since peri started! I now so straight off to sleep but have disturbed sleep pattern and wake up about 5 which isn’t it great! I use Magnesium spray but not sure if that helps! I did try Melatonin but didn’t find much difference but I have heard good reviews! To be honest I was trying so much in one go I cut right back to see where I was at! Sleep deprivation is awful especially as it sounds like you have an active life! Good luck as always

Thanks for the reply! You know what?  I slept like a baby last night, I'm feeling so much better! Now, maybe it's because of the HRT kicking in more the longer I take it, or because I switched using it from p.m.to a.m. but I only woke once in the night and had NO hot flashes, so hopefully this sets a new sleep pattern for me.
Sorry to hear about your own struggles with sleep, you really have been having a tough time, I hope this new regime resolves everything :)

Flan747

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 06:48:40 AM »

That is such good news! Makes you feel so much more prepared for the day ahead having a good night! I just can’t seem to get the balance right! I do question every day if I’m doing the right thing! On such high dose still with lowish numbers so I’m told! I’m sure it just doesn’t agree with me but will ride it out for a bit as always and see where I end up!