Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: is withdrawal bleed on utrogestan generally lighter?  (Read 812 times)

violetbat

is withdrawal bleed on utrogestan generally lighter?
« on: October 01, 2020, 03:56:21 PM »

I was just wondering what others' experiences were with utrogestan withdrawal bleeds? Are they heavy, lighter, the same as pre HRT?

Over the months ( nearly 12 now) I would say that mine are becoming much lighter. No clots, the blood is thin but bright red, a bit like it was when I had the Mirena and bled constantly on that.
I often bleed before I finish the unto- even though I use it vaginally. So basically I am having a bleed every three weeks, but it is a light one and lighter than it was when I started the regime. I count the day I bleed as day one and take the utro 14 days after that, but then often bleed on day7-8-9.
Would you say this is a common experience or does something need looking at/adjusting?

violetbat

Re: is withdrawal bleed on utrogestan generally lighter?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:38:30 AM »

anyone?

Uptick

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:00:46 PM »

Hi violetbat, I don't have a long experience with Utrogestan, but I'd say it depends on where you are menopause wise. Are you still peri? Besides, I think everyone is different regarding bleeding patterns., with or without adding Utrogestan to the mix.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 04:22:08 PM »

violetbat - it depends where you are in menopause ie if your own cycle is coming into play re the bleeds. How long is a piece of string?

Also how much you bleed is dependent on the balance between oestrogen and progesterone so the more oestrogen you take for a given dose of progesterone the more you will bleed and the longer you take progesterone for during a cycle ( or the higher the dose if continuous) the less you will bleed.

So  it's nothing to do with what your own cycle was doing. If you are bleeding before the end of the course then it sounds like you could still be peri-menopausal or else the dose of oestrogen is quite high and the lining is ready to come away.

By contrast for example I NEVER bleed before the end of the cycle and usually a couple of days after I finish the utro. I am in my 60;s, well post-meno and on approx 62.5 mcg patch and take 200 mg vag utro 12 days every 6 weeks or so. My bleeds are light (good job really - at my age!)

Hurdity x