Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: spots/rash on face  (Read 901 times)

Emm225

spots/rash on face
« on: September 26, 2020, 06:44:43 AM »

I think I may have mentioned this before but can't find the thread and forgot to mark it.  Since before I went onto HRT , which I did after having the Mirena removed for medical reasons and the meno flushes hit me big time, I also developed tiny spots/rash on my cheeks.  I have never had this before and it hasn't really cleared up despite HRT...although I am on a very low dose. 

At the same time (beginning of March time) I also started to exercise more...run between 4 and 10 k a week etc. 

I don't know if they are due to increased exercise..although I would have thought they'd have lessoned off by now as I have kept up the exercise..runnning and cycling..and wasn't sedentary before that.  I used to run a few years ago but had to stop due to injury and didn't have spots then.  So all I can think of is they are meno related. I dont' really want to go to the doctor as it is phone consults anyway and I feel I am wasting their time when I phone them.

I am v conscious of the spots and have tried various changes in skincare etc to help but nothing has helped ...any ideas/help please ladies?

Joaniepat

Re: spots/rash on face
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 07:20:14 AM »

Rosacea, perhaps?
JP x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »

Yes have a Google for rosacea. Exercise is one of the triggers.

If you want to find old posts you can go to your profile where you can click on 'previous posts'.

Taz x  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 08:04:01 AM by Taz2 »

Emm225

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »

Ah thanks Tazz..will do.  I have never suffered from rosacea in my life....can't believe now at 50 I get it.  Now that's a real slap in the face from Mother Nature ! >:(  THought might improve on HRT....but then I guess not.....

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 02:16:48 PM »

I developed it at 63. It's quite a complicated condition so I hope you haven't got it! There are different types though. I've got inflammatory rosacea which took around two years before it fully showed itself. I'd say, from experience, get it diagnosed sooner rather than later. Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Sleepy123

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 09:34:27 AM »

I started getting quite bad spots on my chin/cheek area when I first started using HRT/Mirena.

At one point it was so bad I didn’t want to go out! If it is hormone related just wait for it to settle down.

And the usual advice like eating healthy, hygiene etc.. I found tea tree and witch hazel quite helpful.

Good luck, and hope you get it sorted x

DS68

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 10:28:55 PM »

I had the same, awful flare ups very horrible to have as really concious about it - had never heard of rosocea until I eventually became so fed up with my blotchy face I went to the doc. First doc prescribed some acid type cream which burnt but was effective. Later that year happened to see another doctor.about a different matter but I mentioned I needed a new prescription for the cream for rosocea and she advised me she suffered with it too and prescribed a less intense cream.
It's lovely, just like a.mosturiser and doesn't burn and isn't oily. It's called soolantra 10mg - I use it regularly and haven't had any flare ups at all and I run a lot.
Maybe ask your gp x good luck x

Emm225

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 07:11:16 PM »

Thank you so much, will look into the cream. Doctor has said it is rosacea...never had bad skin in my life and don't really want it now in my 50s!   :(
She has put me on a 2 month course of antibiotics.  I think it was was either the vicious ****ly or sweaty hot flushes I was getting (they varied but had one an hour at least..thankfully eased with HRT) or possibley increase a little in running and exercise (although not a massive increase) as was so very anxious at the beginning of lockdown...so could also have been stress too as was extrememly anxious about everything...another reason I eventually went onto HRT although I was determined not to but my quality of life was awful.
Blinkin mother Nature....having another laugh at my expense.....