Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estrogen and Progesterone levels  (Read 1043 times)

Merela

Estrogen and Progesterone levels
« on: September 27, 2020, 07:38:12 PM »

Hi All,

I am feeling a little confused about what the target levels for Estrogen and Progesterone are supposed to be for a post-menopausal women.  My Functional doc told me my Progesterone level was too high (11.3) and my HRT doc told me it should be at the number if taking Estradiol.  I tried taking the Estradiol patch at it's lowest dose .25mg and that caused me to have a huge spike in my heart rate as well as insomnia.  My doctor than prescribed Estradiol gel, which had the side effect of insomnia.  I"m wondering if I don't take the Estradiol and decrease the progesterone if that will make me feel better.  My symptoms are brain fog, irritability, memory issues, bloating, moodiness.  Is it possible that I am just taking too much Progesterone?  I take 200mg/day.  I am so confused and frustrated with all of the conflicting information I feel like I am going to lose my mind. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Sammiejane

Re: Estrogen and Progesterone levels
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »

hi there

i have felt the same to on the gel estradiol and found the more estrigen i take the worse aniexty is insomnia etc

progesterone if taken daily is normally 100mg regardless of how much estrogen is taken ie 1 to 4 pumps

hope that’s of some help

what patch were you on as i’m thinking of changing gel to patch due to hair shedding on the gel

Merela

Re: Estrogen and Progesterone levels
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 04:01:22 PM »

Hi sammiejane,

Thanks for your response.  I think there's another variable that I am now realizing.  I take Zoloft and have to be very careful with the dosage, as I can get serotonin syndrome symptoms if the dose is even a little too high.  Estrogen is a precursor to the hormone Serotonin.  I think what has been happening is that the Estradiol is increasing the serotonin and causing me to feel jacked up.  Guess I'm back to the drawing board for me.  The patch I was taking is called Estradiol Transdermal System (.25mg).  It's from the US.

Hope this gets better for both of us.