Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Anger???  (Read 1083 times)

Sickntired

Anger???
« on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:41 AM »

Does anyone feel angry at stuff they hear media wise or see in print but dont say anything?  But its there and becomes a 'button that gets pushed'?   You end up with a collection of buttons !??    Is this part and parcel of the irritability thing?   I disagree with depression not being linked to Meno  , does anyone agree with this through thier experience,  seeing the Mrs Angry as part of it?   Do you feel its now hard to rationalise a situation that makes you feel angry ? Even if you internalize it like me.    Or do you think im on the wrong track here? 
Feeling more and more rubbish as months passing ,  trying to help myself but dint know whether Antidepressants or boost hrt.  Any answers will help thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anger???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »

Have you tried venting?  I mutter at the TV all the while - apparently  :D.

DH is so used to it he rarely notices. 

Sickntired

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:46:53 PM »

Thanks 😊   i have previous problems which as youll know Meno just magnifies.  I seem to rant all the time, ( very aware am like my mother, i found her aggressive and always right, as teen i didnt want to be like her)  am aware of how people see me from this so i try to remove the trigger or keep mouth shut but its gettting harder and harder.   I found an article in Healthline titled Perimeno Rage - how to spot it etc,   and it does mention ' feeling resentment'  which i do a lot .  This is the first time ive seen this in print.   I dont want to vent as often i feel more and more unbalanced and trying anger management im not sure its a trusted method -  i dont know may be wrong.  Either way trying to be a different person.   I can only find a bit of (very lost ) grounding if i see others echo my experience in anyway.  As youll maybe have seen from other posts my mental health is not good just now and trying to use info to judge my course of action = do i ask for hrt dosage increase or ask for antidepressants?  Im lucky if i ask ill get help and recently got contact with local C P N  , who manages resources available for the person than diagnose or treat.   I have loads of worksheets very relevant but at the same time im feeling i just want this  group of feelings to stop as its been over a month .  My home/relationship and work basically is suffering and i , like many others cant take time out. 

Uptick

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »

Hi Sickntired, anger is a genuine way to get rid of tension and peri/menopause is certainly a time of great tension. I don't think you need anger management in the sense of getting rid of anger, you need to channel all that energy to something more productive for your well being. Maybe declining estradiol levels and relative increase in testosterone levels play a role in anger during peri/menopause. I have some chronic anger issues and I had acute anger outbursts in peri, they're a tad different. Chronic anger has a lot to do with resentment, as you say, but hormonal anger is more drastic, so to speak. Rationalisation is the key, along with a lot of breathing. Breathing exercises have dropped my BP and that is the proof that they work to decrease tension. Anti-depressants are okay as a rescue measure, but there's always the risk of being dependent, tolerant and having withdrawal symptoms. Have you tried mindfulness, yoga, tai chi, meditation? They really help. Hang on in there.

Uptick

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 01:20:58 PM »

Back to say that dancing also helps  :-*

https://youtu.be/KwBCu4-6UuA

Sickntired

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 08:10:50 PM »

Thank you for the replies ,ladies.   Others advice and experience always brings something to the table, every time.  Its easy when lost in the melee of symptoms to not see some of the answers.   Im still inclined to antidepressants as said  some of the problems were there intially.   I realise , since restarted Evorel Sequi that it would have taken that month or more to settle (possibly?!) The last 2 periods havnt appeared and now one has so thinking this is the transition through meno and the rollercoaster of moods to go with that inconsistency.    I feel slightly better in the last couple of days but dont want to live on prospect of potential disaster ,  i found i had some CBD oil samples that id bought for husband when was having knee pain problems and i looked up to see what research has been done .   Theres not a lot but it has listed anecdotal approval for quite a few things.  Today is the first day, so ill try to update daily or weekly how it helps (or hinders).

Lander

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »

Totally with you on the angry resentment feelings. I had one really bad night with my husband a couple of months ago, actually going over everything in my head with him wasn't realistic, he'd just lost his mum so, just no, not the time or the place for it. Instead, I wrote it all in a google doc. Just let my head pour out all the negativity in writing.
I wrote over 2000 words.
I've not looked at it since.

Hope things improve for you soon,

Lxx

Fusseh

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 06:52:55 AM »

Hi
Peri is such a rollercoaster time and whilst we all know it's because our hormones are fluctuating, actually living through a big dip can be frightening, frustrating and just horrible. For me anger and resentment come along as part of that package, but it's the low mood and anxiety which are more problematic. Sometimes my stomach feels like it's flipping pancakes! I know it will pass and I can string together months when I'm symptom free.

I have taken to putting on hrt patch early to help boost those dips with some success.

I also agree with Landers that journaling helps to vent when I'm off down one of my rabbit holes. I rarely read it again but helps me rationalise everything. I also chart mood everyday using Daylio to remind myself of the chunks of good times and chart patterns for the dips.

Be interested to hear how the cbd oil goes. I have some but tastes horrible!

Take care
X