Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Kitchens  (Read 1611 times)

clio

Kitchens
« on: September 25, 2020, 08:49:28 PM »

We are having a new kitchen and the one I really like is Yasmeens kitchen in coronation Street. My question is does anyone by chance know who makes it?

littleminnie

Re: Kitchens
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 07:30:12 AM »

Never watch Coronation Street but it will be a reasonably priced one so maybe try Howdens or IKEA.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 09:00:23 AM »

Send an e-mail the Production Company and ask?  My deal breaker if buying a property would be a sink facing a wall! I have to have a view whilst washing up ;-).

Two hoots

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 09:34:58 AM »

It looks like a sage green shaker kitchen to me, I think its called in frame when the drawers dont go to the edge if the units. 

What do you particularly like ? I think any range can be adapted to your taste.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 12:21:45 PM »

Have you a local carpenter?  We used ours a few years ago: he replaced the drawer fronts and cupboard doors and built a new corner cupboard with door, all real wood: slightly less than a professional company quoted for a single door  :o

5 drawer fronts
9 doors
1 new cupboard

clio

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 02:09:02 PM »

Teresa I agree her whole house is fab. I think it might be ikea as I've seen something on there similar. Tbh I'm dreading having it done but the kitchen is a mess. All the walls need replastering to and new floor so its not a case of rip the old kitchen out and put in the new ones. It's going to be very disruptive 🙁

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »

It certainly will be. A good plasterer is hard to find and if you need new flooring - that will need a concrete skim probably.  I want wooden flooring throughout but it means moving stuff  ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 05:08:07 PM »

Teresa I agree her whole house is fab. I think it might be ikea as I've seen something on there similar. Tbh I'm dreading having it done but the kitchen is a mess. All the walls need replastering to and new floor so its not a case of rip the old kitchen out and put in the new ones. It's going to be very disruptive 🙁

It is disruptive but worth it.  We lived on microwave meals, we were sick of them by the time it was done.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 05:40:17 PM »

What worried me was that the sink was the last item to be fixed  :o  :-\

Jeepers

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 08:23:44 PM »

Gosh Teresa,

I’ve lived in the same house for over 27 years!. I’d love to move, but it seems so daunting. 

Jeepers xx