Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston and Pain Like a Stomach Bug  (Read 1143 times)

Jojo246

• First Flush
Femoston and Pain Like a Stomach Bug
« on: September 17, 2020, 07:04:37 AM »

Hi

I've just finished 2 months of femoston 1/10 (2 weeks white tablet then 2 weeks grey) and so far suffered from thrush every month along with headaches.  I took the last tablet of the strip last night and woke up at 1am with horrendous stomach pain - a bit like food poisoning is the best way to describe it.  It lasted for 30 min off and on but I didn't have an upset stomach.   Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if it's a bug?

I feel shaky this morning but as my DD has been off with a heavy cold so I'm wondering if it's lack of sleep too.

Hurdity

Re: Femoston and Pain Like a Stomach Bug
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 07:23:07 AM »

Hi Jojo246

Sorry to hear about your stomach problems - and hopefully it has settled by now?

Some women do find they get stomach problems with tablet HRT so if it persists and no other cause then maybe think of switching to transdermal?

Hurdity x

Jojo246

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:15 PM »

Hi

Thanks so much for replying.  I have a review with the GP so I will tell her.  Stomach problems are up and down, plus bleeding heavily which is nothing new to me but not any better.  I'll look into the transdermal x

Klt

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 10:53:39 AM »

I’m on week 5 of Femoston 1/10 and really thinking of giving up. I’ve started hrt for low mood, ibs, va, hormonal headaches, joint pain, pretty much all the symptoms other than flushes and nightsweats, I’m only 46 perhaps they’re yet to come!!

Also I’ve a depressive, negative and anxious personality with terrible PMT all my life, at the best of times and to say I’m struggling with the pandemic is an understatement

Femoston has left me with worse headaches and stomach problems than the ‘normal’ ones I normally suffer from, but then I’m aware that I’m psychologically worse than normal due to the pandemic and that’s making so many of my physical symptoms worse, so it’s difficult to know what’s hrt side effect and what’s stress induced

I just feel like right now isn’t a level playing field to compare my normal self to myself on hrt

So I’m torn I feel crap on them I feel crap off them, part of me wants to make today’s pill my last as I’m dreading the grey pill headaches that I got last month, but then I think what if I get through the whole first three months and everyone magically settles and I’m a new woman

Arghhh !!!!