Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Crushing fatigue on conti patches, but sweats and flushes pretty much gone....  (Read 991 times)

GetStuffedPeri

My wife is 7.5 weeks in on Evorel Conti patches.  The speed with which they massively reduced (literally 95% better now) the flushes and sweats was amazing, but she has bone crushing fatigue a lot of the time.  She feels like she could fall asleep on the head of a pin at any point. 

I'm guessing this is the continuous progesterone?  She has never taken any form of hormone before, never had any surgical intervention and never struggled with her normal cycle (so therefore I guess she's fortunate enough not to be progesterone intolerant). 

Has anyone else experienced this, and does it improve with time?  I know we need to wait 3 months for things to really "kick in" or "settle" as it were, and other symptoms remain even with the patches but we're hoping these will die down with time....everything crossed.

Thank you!

GetStuffedPeri

Anyone? :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Hi! tnx for the update.

MayB put the product names into the search box and see if threads pop up?  It's weekend and a bit quiet.  Make notes ;-)

Glad that some of the symptoms have been eased.  Many don't get on with progesterone.

sed

My wife is 7.5 weeks in on Evorel Conti patches.  The speed with which they massively reduced (literally 95% better now) the flushes and sweats was amazing, but she has bone crushing fatigue a lot of the time.  She feels like she could fall asleep on the head of a pin at any point. 

I'm guessing this is the continuous progesterone?  She has never taken any form of hormone before, never had any surgical intervention and never struggled with her normal cycle (so therefore I guess she's fortunate enough not to be progesterone intolerant). 

Has anyone else experienced this, and does it improve with time?  I know we need to wait 3 months for things to really "kick in" or "settle" as it were, and other symptoms remain even with the patches but we're hoping these will die down with time....everything crossed.

Thank you!

Hey, I am on week 5 on the same patches and yes, fatigue is crazy!  Have had blood tests to rule any vitamin deficiencies and all is well.  I have to also wait until the 3 months to see if things settle but the fatigue can be crushing  :'(

Nairn

Same here, was on week 6 but now given up due to water retention and leg swelling.  Awaiting GP app as suspect an intolerance to the progesterone.