Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after 4 weeks on Evorel Conti?  (Read 965 times)

GetStuffedPeri

Bleeding after 4 weeks on Evorel Conti?
« on: September 24, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »

My wife started Evorel Conti 4 weeks ago.  So far, the physical symptoms have massively improved and the sweats have hugely diminished.  Moods remain an issue but hoping this will settle in time (anybody got experience of this? please tell me things calm down emotionally.....).  Today she has had some very light bleeding - initially it was brown and then proper red and then nothing again.  Is this breakthrough bleeding? 

Prior to slapping the patch on she had had 2 periods in 2 years (I know the recommendation for a continuous regime is 12 - 18 months period free but we have spoken to the GP about this and he was happy to provide the conti patch).  I guess it could be her "normal" period today but bit of a coincidence after 4 weeks on the patch? 

So far the patches look like a winner but I'm very apprehensive about HRT so would appreciate any advice please - thank you!  This isn't being helped by the fact that I'm also starting peri myself!  ;D

Dotty

Re: Bleeding after 4 weeks on Evorel Conti?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 03:23:37 PM »

Hi breakthrough bleeding can happen in the first 6 months of starting hrt, so it’s nothing to worry about. Only time will tell if a continuous regime is suitable for her xxx

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 03:35:13 PM »

Thank you Dotty.  Are you on any HRT yourself, out of interest?x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 06:42:20 PM »

Hi yes I am. I’ve been on Oestrogel and  Utrogestan and Testosterone for 2.5 years. It’s been a life saver for me. X

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 07:04:09 PM »

I agree with Dotty. Breakthrough bleeding/spotting or even continuous bleeding can happen during the first six months of conti HRT. It should mention this in the patient information leaflet under Side Effects. I had this when on conti HRT. In my case it lasted the whole of the six months so I decided to go back onto sequi to give a predictable bleed.

Hopefully it will settle and she will continue to feel the benefits of HRT.

Taz x :)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 07:06:50 PM »

I have been on evorel conti for 7 months and had on and off bleeding for most of the time. It finally seems to be settling down (hopefully I haven't jinxed it) but it has taken more than 6 months.

dahliagirl

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 11:49:04 PM »

Mine has taken more than 6 months too - always seems to be the 3rd week of the pack  ???

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 04:59:30 PM »

Thanks shropshirelass and dahliagirl - can I ask if the patches are working for any of your other symptoms apart from the bleeding taking a while to calm down?  Thanks  ;D

shrosphirelass

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 05:58:16 PM »

They have helped, though I do still have bad days. My symptoms weren't the most tradititonal though . Headaches were my main issue coupled with stomach issues, nausea and dizziness. I was on evorel sequi to start and my symptoms improved as soon as I increases to a whole patch, but still had bad headaches. The conti had been much better for my headaches, I guess because the hormone levels are more stable.