Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Should I just give up or too soon?  (Read 1169 times)

sed

Should I just give up or too soon?
« on: September 30, 2020, 03:33:42 PM »

In total I have been on HRT for 11 weeks.  In the 11 weeks I have tried Femonston for about 3 weeks.  Felt my anxiety was heightened.  I was on Evorel Sequi for 5 weeks and consultant changed me over to the Evorel Conti because I reported when I was on the oestrogen only patches I felt unwell.  Now I am on the conti for 2.5 weeks and my symptoms remain - comes and goes giving me a day or two weekly relief.  My consultant says after three months, if no change she would consider increasing my oestrogen. 

I have to say it hasn’t got worse than before I was on HRT but haven’t seen anything significant.  My main symptoms has always been the physical symptoms of anxiety.  Muscle aches, chest ache, dizziness, breathless.

My question is should I just end HRT and go cold turkey and hope for the best as I probably won’t be any worse off at this rate?  I just wonder if I am being impatient.  I have tried Escitalopram but I wasn’t tolerant with it and because of that I am nervous about trying anything else.  I have tried mindfulness and the Dare program, CBT which have all helped with coping mechanisms but at times feel overwhelmed.  Anxiety isn’t a symptom I have ever experienced before peri and just have no idea if HRT is going to work.

Anyone with any advice?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:38:55 PM by sed »

Evie606

Re: Should I just give up or too soon?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »

Hi Sed,

My gp advised me that any HRT needs at least 3 months to settle and for you to get used to. I’m now on my 4th combo and I’ve been on HRT for 18 months.
I’m thinking your hormones will be all over the place trying 3 combos in 11 weeks.
Hopefully someone a bit more experienced than me will offer you some advice but I can say that anxiety is a major peri symptom for me and I’ve yet to feel any huge changes on that front except the odd day where I feel perkier and positive. I’m currently on my 3rd month of Conti and I’m hoping those days become more and more the longer I persevere.  :)

sed

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 07:27:53 PM »

Thanks for your comments Evie606...I sort of guessed my hormones were up and down and trying to settle and I absolutely get it when you say “the odd day when you feel perkier”.  Me and you both waiting for that change! I hope we both get that light at the end of the tunnel real soon.  Fighting this and trying to stay safe from Covid is just the worse time  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 07:55:40 PM »

Hi sed. I would say keep trying as it is early days for the new HRT. I see you are on conti HRT now. How far post meno are you?

Taz x

sed

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 08:32:17 PM »

Hi Taz2

So my consultant changed me over  to  Evorel  Conti  patches  but  had explained  that  I  may  have some  irregular  breakthrough  bleeding  if  I am not completely menopausal.  My periods were very sporadic - last period end of March/April and before that December.  at that point I just wanted my symptoms addressed to get back some normality. 

sed

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »

Today I have been crying most of the day - I have no idea if this is the HRT trying to work or anxiety.....so confused 😥 WEEK 3 on this new regime.  Groggy, tiredness, achy legs and shoulders, headaches (could be because I am crying) and of course this has brought in low mood.  Just read some women see a difference in weeks and I guess I am envious.

Is it the conti progesterone? Is it not enough estrogen....I fear this is getting the better of me 😥😥😥😥 I am on a rollercoaster - 2 days in 7 I would say are okish... I am counting the weeks to 3 months and I guess hoping to wake up as a new person.  So scared this isn’t going to happen.  Covid news bulletins aren’t helping either 😥
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:55:22 PM by sed »