Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti  (Read 1930 times)

Wendy1564

• First Flush
Evorel Conti
« on: September 03, 2020, 08:04:08 PM »

Hi I just startedon HRT patches Evorel Conti 4 weeks ago and the itching is driving me mad has anybody else have this problem and will it get better.  :'(

Taz2

Re: Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 08:58:57 PM »

Hi Wendy. Do you mean itching under the patch?

Taz x   :welcomemm:

PoF

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 10:31:16 PM »

sorry to hear about this. Hope it does improve. Is there a rash as well? Maybe it is irritating your skin. YOu could try the obvious thing and just see how it goes for a few weeks if you can possibly bear it.

I used these patches for 8 years very successfully, and had no itching at all.  However, I always got marked skin irritation every time where the patch had been stuck, and there was always a red patch there for a day or two afterwards. So it did make my skin red, just thankfully not itchy as well

make sure you place the patch on skin that has no lotions, oil, powder or moisturiser on it,  or anything like that. Also it helps to put them on cool and dry skin - ie not after a hot bath or shower either.    And always put the patch on a different side and different position each time you place one, as it says in the instructions.  I think i have read somewhere that exposing the patch to sunlight might not be such a good idea - ie sunbathing with one on your skin under the sun might not help if the skin is liable to get irritated. I don't know.

Wendy1564

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 04:52:00 AM »

Hi PoF thank you so much for your advice, I don’t have a rash as you said I usually have a red mark for a few days after removing the patch, I have found the irritation much worse when nearer the time the patch needs changing. I will definitely stick with them as they really are helping especially with the dreading hot flushes. Once again thank you for your help it’s really nice to speak to other women who are going through the same thing and can offer advice that helps x

Wendy1564

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 04:57:10 AM »

Hi Taz2 thank you for replying the itching is manly around the outside of the patch, I’m going to try what PoF recommend and put them on cool dry skin as I usually have a shower then change the patch.x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 06:35:21 AM »

It's worth a try. Each make of patch uses a different adhesive (which is what contains the hormones) so if you are allergic to one then it's worth trying another though choice is limited at the moment.

If you read the patient information leaflet it will give advice on what to do if irritation occurs.

It's good news that you are feeling the benefits of HRT.

Taz x   :)

PoF

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 12:15:24 PM »

i have to say I liked those patches and they helped me a lot for 8 years.  I used to change them more or less the same time at night, when in bed at bedtime. THus my skin was usually cool and dry at that point.   But yes, do be careful to ensure you really place them on a different bit of leg, hip, buttock or thigh so they are never on the same spot one after the other.  If you put lotion on the skin it will stop them sticking well.   So i suppose you'd have to remove them on the day they need changing and then put some healing cream to stop the itch once removed.    I know that's not really a good solution though. 

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »

i have to say I liked those patches and they helped me a lot for 8 years.  I used to change them more or less the same time at night, when in bed at bedtime. THus my skin was usually cool and dry at that point.   But yes, do be careful to ensure you really place them on a different bit of leg, hip, buttock or thigh so they are never on the same spot one after the other.  If you put lotion on the skin it will stop them sticking well.   So i suppose you'd have to remove them on the day they need changing and then put some healing cream to stop the itch once removed.    I know that's not really a good solution though.

I put them just above my hip (switching left and right in turns). I did try the thigh or buttock but they didn't stick as well. I have only had minor itching/irritation. I don't notice it most of the time.

Wendy1564

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 08:03:37 AM »

Morning ladies nearly 2 months now on patches and over the last week have had really bad heavy legs and pain in both knees do you know if this a symptom of these patches x

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 07:31:39 AM »

Hi Wendy.  Some women get this type of feeling from continuous progesterone. Did you suffer similarly during the run up to your natural period? PMT symptoms are often replicated by norethisterone which is the progesterone element in Evorel conti patches. It may be totally unrelated to the patches though.

How are you feeling symptom wise now you've been on them a couple of months? Did the itching stop?

Taz x  :)