Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Early Menopausal New Member  (Read 1557 times)

Poppies45

• First Flush
Early Menopausal New Member
« on: September 23, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Just joined to see if I can read up on some self help and advice after being diagnosed with early menopause last year at 45  :(  I kind of knew something wasn't right in my 30's, got tested for (peri)-menopause at 36, but nothing really showed up.   Now nearly 46 and struggling, quite a lot. 

So, I guess I am kind of here just like every other woman, whether they have mild symptoms or bad symptoms...to let off a little bit of steam and have a few laughs a long the way  :) ;D

Poppie

Julestoo

Re: Early Menopausal New Member
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »

Hi Poppie

45 isn’t early apparently. I’m 45 and haven’t had a period since late May and my symptoms were horrendous.

Have you got yourself some HRT?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 02:50:43 PM »

Hi poppies45 and welcome to the forum,the normal sort of age is early 50s but it really can happen at any time,my friend was 38 when she hit menopause,so it really is a lotto.
What are the things bothering you the most? Offload as much as you like,always someone to help out and yes,join in the fun side of things do,we do have a giggle here too  :)

Julestoo

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 03:06:28 PM »

Maybe it depends where you are. I’m in Australia and normal is apparently from age 45 and before age 45 is early although I always had age 52 in my head because that’s the average apparently and so that was what was in my head and so I was pretty upset when my periods stopped 3 months ago 😞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »

There is NO time appropriate to menopause.  Some girls never have a period, some have 2/3 then nowt.  Some ladies continue with periods into their mid 60s !

Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.   :welcomemm: browse round ,make notes ;-).  Ask, nothing is OTT here.  Usually what ever ladies worry about, someone has been there previously.

You'll fit right in, we have a funny room too.  Most subjects are covered, we even talk about menopause.  Sometimes  :D. Do check the bladder issues and vaginal atrophy threads. 

Poppies45

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 03:24:48 PM »

I know 45 is quite common these days, my Dr told me i was quite early given i have been having symptoms for the last 10 years.  No periods for nearly 10 years either now.
I think I have every symptom going apart from the lack of "sexual interest", that area is still very much alive,  ;D ;D  ;D

Hot flushes (which seem to last all day as i am constantly hot)  :-\  really bad indigestion and terrible mood swings; these are probably the 3 I am really struggling with more than the other symptoms

Hi Poppie

45 isn’t early apparently. I’m 45 and haven’t had a period since late May and my symptoms were horrendous.

Have you got yourself some HRT?

Hi Julestoo

I was offered HRT back in January, and was told to go away and think about it, but then Covid kicked in, so haven't spoke to a Dr since. 

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 03:30:22 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop not only might the body become dry but muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Hiatus hernia = indigestion and reflux are common.  Have you tried anything to ease indigestion on a regular basis?

Julestoo

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 03:37:43 PM »

Oh geez I’d get some hrt. I took some estrogen for a few weeks and I swear after a few days I felt normal. I felt so good I stopped and then the symptoms came back. I went to dr and got some bloods and went onto the femoston 2/10 which had the progesterone and I’m on my 2nd packet and feel great but it’s. Lower dose of estrogen than the other one I tried and i haven’t the bad symptoms but I’ve no energy and I feel I need more.
I haven’t had a bleed either so I’m stressing about that.
Unless there is a reason not to it appears the HRT is really preventative of other health conditions and helps so much with all the miserable side effects.

Julestoo

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 03:39:45 PM »

Doc said it helps prevent osteoporosis and I believe the sooner you go on it the less likely you’ll get VA which sounds awful

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 03:42:49 PM »

VA is different to many symptoms and some ladies find that they require appropriate localised treatment as well as HRT.  Finding a good GP with knowledge is difficult too!  If you get a good one, stick hold of him/her - fast  ;D

Poppies45

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 03:57:10 PM »

For indigestion, normal tablets but didn't seem to be working, so now i am taking Milk of Magnesium the last few days, which has helped a lot.  However, i do have IBS, so that doesn't help either. 

The only reason at the moment i haven't really gone on HRT is because I had kidney cancer when i was 21.  Bladder (which is all fine now) and bowel issues (IBS) arose as a result of that. 
I suppose the thought of going on HRT, and (maybe) getting cancer is something I'm concerned about.  I do need to see my Doctor however, they are not doing face to face appointments (telephone consultations they are).

:) ;D ::)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »

Was the affected kidney removed?

Could you visit a Menopause Clinic, dedicated to listening and advising?   There are so many ways of delivering HRT these days.

I LOVE Milk of Magnesia as a liquid.   ::). Omeprazolone is what the GP has given me.  Which does help but hasn't relieved the irritating clearing throat!  Rennies worked for years.

IBS - we have threads about that here too.  Mine is slow transit.  Bugga .......... 

Poppies45

• First Flush
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 04:12:32 PM »

Was the affected kidney removed?

Could you visit a Menopause Clinic, dedicated to listening and advising?   There are so many ways of delivering HRT these days.

I LOVE Milk of Magnesia as a liquid.   ::). Omeprazolone is what the GP has given me.  Which does help but hasn't relieved the irritating clearing throat!  Rennies worked for years.

IBS - we have threads about that here too.  Mine is slow transit.  Bugga ..........

My kidney was removed and I've been fine with just one for 25 years :) 

Does the Omeprazolone work?

Menopause clinic, perhaps, never thought of that  :)

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 04:54:41 PM »

Omeprazolone works for me in general though the irritating cough is there from mid-afternoon.

jaypo

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 05:16:31 PM »

Omeprazole is good for me too but the 40mg one from the dr he said I could take two a day if necessary
Pages: [1] 2