Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy  (Read 843 times)

Jutee

Vaginal atrophy
« on: September 22, 2020, 03:57:29 PM »

Hi just wanted some reassurance really.
I am currently taking 3x. Vagifem a week.
Called GP to ask if I could have the cream for labial area as well.
She said to come in to take a look.
When she examined me she said I had a few red areas and one which looked like a cut.
She asked me to come back in 2 weeks to check things out.
Now worried I have vaginal cancer and not vaginal atrophy.is this typical of VA.
She seemed a bit busy so I think I read things into things.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal atrophy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 04:20:31 PM »

Did she not suggest anything at all?  :-\

I would use the 'vagifem' every night for 2 weeks.  I use 'ovestin', same idea, different method of delivery.  If my outer labia feels dry I put KYJelly - have a look-C at the 'sylc' and 'yes' websites, ladies do have success with either product to help keep the area moist.

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry, inside and out.  Including the vagina.  Hence atrophy medication. 

Joaniepat

Re: Vaginal atrophy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 05:10:57 PM »

Jutee, it's good that she examined you, but it seems a bit odd that she did not give you any Ovestin or estriol cream. Red areas and cuts are typical with VA, and nothing is going to change over the next 2 weeks (except maybe you'll feel worse! I hope not.) so I would get a telephone appointment and ask her for the Ovestin. Vagifem is fine for the inside but sometimes the effects don't reach the labia. Ring up and don't let her fob you off. Perhaps she will feel a bit less rushed over the phone, as she won't have to wait for you to get undressed, etc.

JP x