Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT causes to much breast pain for me - what other option do I have?  (Read 1693 times)

Nicola Madonna

The evorol sequi patches at the start of taking HRT a year ago changed my life for the better.  Now a year on and I have had such bad breast pain that I have had to stop taking HRT.  Everything else really reaped the benefit of HRT from joints to mood to skin to sleep except the breast pain.  I cant live with with the breast pain and I am starting to now think HRT may not be for me...what else can I take.  I am 44 and in peri menopause?

KaraShannon

Re: HRT causes to much breast pain for me - what other option do I have?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 11:33:52 AM »

I started evorel sequi at the start of the year, same thing with the benefits.  Not having breast pain all the time, but a couple of months ago, breast and arm pain so bad (with swelling) that I was alarmed.  Just as I was becoming increasingly alarmed my period started and within 2 weeks everything had settled back to normal.  So I will be watching that. 

Because I have an underactive thyroid, I remember I did take some iodised salt (as I read that underactive thyroid, or lack of iodine can lead to breast pain).  No idea if that helped, but I'm not getting it now and still on evorel sequi, so we shall see. 

The only other thing I've read is that it can be related to having too must oestrogen, so I'm wondering if you might be going through a phase in your own body where you are producing it yourself.  Apparently it waxes and wanes like that, especially at 'peri' age.

Hope things settle for you.

Nicola Madonna

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »

Thank you ...good luck to you too.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:07 PM »

I get it with too much progesterone but I think it's more usual that it's too much oestrogen. I would keep a diary so you know where you are in your cycle when you get it, then wait and see if it goes after your next bleed. If it doesn't settle you could try a lower dose. Peri is always difficult, there will always be some time when you're on too much or too little of something.