Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel and Oestrodose - they ARE NOT exactly the same  (Read 2591 times)

Uptick

Re: Oestrogel and Oestrodose - they ARE NOT exactly the same
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »

I have a friend who's a politician in France and she has tweeted Besins is relocating manufacture to France, under the blessings of government, because France wants to be less dependent on China and India for pharmaceutical ingredients. Besins has a project called Oestro92 (92 is the postcode of Besins Laboratories in Paris).

Has anyone been given the gel sold in Germany, Gynokadin? It's supposed to be 'exactly' the same too, so I wonder why they're not being imported to the UK if there's not enough Oestrogel? Probably because French prices are lower? It's always about money.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »

Bump - from Hurdity today:

As for the Oestrodose - this is just another name for Oestrogel. It is estradiol gel 0.06 % - exactly the same ingredients at exactly the same proportions made by the same company - just a different name in different countries and different shaped bottle.

Wish someone would make up their minds  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2020, 09:43:01 AM »

Bump - from Hurdity today:

As for the Oestrodose - this is just another name for Oestrogel. It is estradiol gel 0.06 % - exactly the same ingredients at exactly the same proportions made by the same company - just a different name in different countries and different shaped bottle.

Wish someone would make up their minds  :-\

"Wish someone would make up their minds"

Who is this "someone" and what do they need to make up their minds about? The statement from me that you quoted is not in dispute. It was speculated about until I wrote to Besins a couple of years ago whenever it was. The issue is whether the parallel import company potentially stores the gel in a less than ideal situation AFTER it leaves Besins and before it reaches the patient, such that it could detreriorate - although as I've quoted Besins say that stability stuides have been carried out and there is a range eg of temepratures where the product is very stable and over a three year period (which has been studied).

There has been some discussion about bottle sizes, shapes and pump mechanism, but quality control should ensure that the amount dispensed is accurate to within whatever margin of error is deemed acceptable, so that you get out what the blurb says you will get out ( ie dispensed from the pump).

Do read the whole threads if you are confused? This has been ongoing for some time so coming in at this point might seem puzzling. I do keep trying to reiterate and requote the facts as we know them whenever this subject comes up!

I deliberately didn't quote on this thread but the one where all the information is but I will add a link here. It is not particularly helpful to have a thread title saying completely the opposite of the one I started where I tried to set out the information from the company, I have to say.

Here is the thread entitled "Oestrogel and oestrodose - they are excatly the same". It is very long and really does digress on some fanciful tangents - which is very annoying - but all the stuff from Besins is on there and Dr Newson's statement she said to me also.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40586.0.html

In fact please note my comment about Dr Newson - she does not say they are different if you read her words carefully. She is responding to her patients who pay for her services and tells them how to get Oestrogel should they prefer it. She suggests that there may be in issue with the parallel imports but the only way to determine this is to report any reactions to the gel to MHRA under the yellow card Scheme which we have always urged on here.

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 [2]