Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Trying something new  (Read 681 times)

Katty

Trying something new
« on: September 21, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »

This summer in particular I noticed I was just feeling more bloated and seemed to be retaining fluid. I'm on Kliofem for around 4 years and aged 58 now. My vaginal symptoms were always the most bothersome. Soreness and burning all the way along the perenium to the anus. I know this isn't going to go away even when the hot flushes are gone. I noticed bloating is a side effect of the HRT. I've decided to try coming off the systemic hrt and seeing if Vagifem will be a solution along with vaginal moisturiser. I have been off Kliofem a week and haven't really noticed a difference yet. Took my first Vagifem today. How long will it take for me to be completely clear of the Kliofem so that I can evaluate whether Vagifem is sorting the problem on its own?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Trying something new
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »

I suspect that as soon as 'vagifem' gets a hold that area will feel much better.  Some ladies do require HRT as well but I have 'ovestin' [same idea, different delivery system] without.  I add KYJelly is required and take a pain relief if symptoms niggle.

Do the 2-3 weeks loading and review?

Katty

Re: Trying something new
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »

The vaginal symptoms are fine having been resolved by the 4 years on systemic HRT. I thought I would start with a maintenance dose of 2 tablets a week of Vagifem hoping that will stop the issues returning. I was just wondering how long it takes for Kliofem to leave the body so I can assess the effectiveness of the Vagifem by itself. If I return to the symptoms I had prior to Kliofem I'll definitely need to go back on it despite the bloating.