Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Itchy rash with hives  (Read 1226 times)

Lalb1

Itchy rash with hives
« on: September 20, 2020, 10:20:39 AM »

So I've always had sensitive skin. Had trouble with eczema when I was younger. It calmed down and seemed manageable.
More recently I've developed itchy skin all over different parts of my body at different times. Had tests to check nothing else and all came back clear.
Put it down to perimenopause and took antihistamine when it got bad,mainly at night.
Over the last 4 weeks I've started developing awful rashes on my feet and my wrists. On my feet it's worse when I've been out walking for a few hours and my feet are hot. They become intensely itchy and warm with a red rash which then becomes hives. This can last a couple of days and antihistamine don't seem to help much. My wrists seem to have been aggravated by my watch strap, which never bothered me before. Its turned into hives too. I've now got a horrible red itchy rash on both wrists as I tried swapping. It just keeps flaring back up when I'm warm or strangely when I'm a bit stressed.. Or in bed.
I've tried antihistamine and anti itch cream without much joy.
Anyone else experienced this?

Foxylady

Re: Itchy rash with hives
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 10:29:26 AM »

Hi Lalb1, yes I had it over a number of years, tried different things. Since I've been on HRT and use dermol 500 twice a day as a shower wash/soap substitute it has gone. It was really intense and horrendous at times the itch, used to claw at myself! x

Lalb1

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 10:34:10 AM »

Foxylady,
Ahh that's good to hear.. I was wondering if it was something nasty. I've just started HRT this week, so I will see if it has any effect on my skin. Will look into some other type of shower/wash gel too. I already use the simple range and t gel coal tar for hair as have the itching in hair too.
Yeah this has been really intense too and my arms and feet look a mess from me clawing myself. 😞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 02:54:39 PM »

Do U take any medication?  Dad wasn't allowed in the sunshine whilst taking a certain AD and whilst I was undergoing radiation I was told to avoid direct sun and always wear a hat ;-)

My whole body has itched all day ....... I'm driving DH mad with fidgeting as I try to get to each area!

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 06:05:46 PM »

The only medication I'm on at present is cerazette and Femoston, fostair inhalers.
This has been happening before I started the HRT and pill tho. Only started them this week.
It's really weird.

Foxylady

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 07:07:47 PM »

Lalb1, I had used mitchum deoderant for years with no problems and was getting huge red rings & burning feeling to armpits, since changing to simple have had no issues. Also changed to simple face creams etc which has been good. From my experience of peri symptoms it never tends to be one thing alone that works but a combination of factors but def with a background of HRT. It was a no brainer for me re quality of life & my age to start HRT. x