Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Had enough today!  (Read 1029 times)

Sleepy123

Had enough today!
« on: September 21, 2020, 07:59:58 AM »

Hi Ladies

I’m just feeling a bit rubbish and considering giving up on this HRT malarkey!

I’m 48, no periods for 2 years, been using Mirena coil and Estraderm patch for about 7 months.

I was feeling ok, but kept waking up in the night so I increased Estraderm from 0.25 to 0.5g. Since then I have pretty much slept through the night but keep tossing and turning. The Estraderm helps me sleep but I feel like it knocks me out instead of falling asleep normally!

Also, since I increased the Estraderm I keep having dreams about things I did about 30 years ago, which is making me a bit depressed to be honest! Makes me feel old, life regrets and all that !!

I have also been feeling a bit bloated, but I’m not sure if that is the increased Estraderm or Mirena.

I never really wanted a Mirena but it seemed like the best option for prog/contraception.

I’m just feeling a bit fed up with it all and want my old life back!  :(

Sleepy123

Re: Had enough today!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:19:34 AM »

Just a quick update! I’m going back to 0.25g of Estraderm when I start a new patch today to see if that helps with the fuggy head and weird dreams!

What a merry-go-round!  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »

Morning! It's The Change - does what it says on the tin  ::)

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 05:01:54 PM »

Sorry you're having a rough day, I'm having one too and yes I woke up this morning after dreaming about my deceased dad and I was full of thoughts about loss in general, a number of losses over my life, things I've gotten over.

I'm on different HRT though, I'm on Evorel Sequi.  I hope you feel better soon and get the right balance in the meds.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 05:39:38 PM »

I think that we lodge events in our brains but I can never understand why sad issues come back but I can't recall happy times  :-\

I often mutter "Too much to do, too little time"  >:(  ::)

outofcontrol

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 09:07:41 PM »

I think that we lodge events in our brains but I can never understand why sad issues come back but I can't recall happy times  :-\

I often mutter "Too much to do, too little time"  >:(  ::)
this is so true you are a wise owl of this group x

Brit66

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 07:03:30 AM »

Honestly,  I've had really profound, unsettling thoughts about life, regrets, etc for the past few years and I only started HRT a few weeks ago.
I think it's a natural thing, a kind of taking stock of our lives so far and a time when we maybe feel motivated to make changes or to make our lives more fulfilling  :)