Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Menopause Myths  (Read 879 times)

KarineT

Menopause Myths
« on: September 20, 2020, 08:40:49 AM »

Hi everyone,

This may not apply to everyone here but t might reassure some of you who are going through a difficult time.

https://www.avogel.co.uk/health/menopause/the-8-menopause-myths-you-need-to-know-the-truth-about/

Karine

KarineT

Re: Menopause Myths
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 06:01:04 PM »

No replies? What are your views about this?  Please share.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 06:32:25 PM »

Hi KarineT, it's okay but nothing new, really. It's great educational material, though. I'd like to know what's the reasoning behind this statement 'up your protein a little bit because this is needed a lot during the menopause'.

KarineT

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 08:21:24 PM »

But this goes to show that the symptoms are not permanent for most women and it's reassuring.  When people often refer to menopause as 'the change' I find this downright scary.  Some of you might think I'm going too far but for me the so called 'change' applies to both the physical and psychological aspect of our lives.  I'm not afraid of changing physically but I don't want to turn into a mental wreck and live like it for the rest of my life.

Sage 🍃

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »

Absolutely! I am one of them! Perimenopause was a nightmare but I have been getting better and better since menopause. You won't get your 'old self' back, that's gone, but you can have nice surprises from your new self. At least one thing is 'new' because I can tell you that ageing sucks  ;D but it's not all down to declining oestrogen levels.

Brit66

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 09:30:27 PM »

Hi everyone,

This may not apply to everyone here but t might reassure some of you who are going through a difficult time.

https://www.avogel.co.uk/health/menopause/the-8-menopause-myths-you-need-to-know-the-truth-about/

Karine

It's always good to read and hear hopeful things about this challenging time. I have finally decided to opt for hrt though because I want the benefits to my body and mind that it has now been widely acknowledged that it provides, and I don't think any supplement can help in the same way. Hopefully it will work really well and for me,  the slight increase in risk that hrt brings, is worth it.
But all women have to find their own best way to get through to the other side of the perimenopause to full menopause :)