Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Leg pain and B12 deficiency  (Read 1585 times)

Pumpkin55

Leg pain and B12 deficiency
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:17:13 PM »

Hi there
Has anyone else experienced strange leg pain? sudden pain/****ing/stabbing sensation that is gone as quickly as it’s arrived? Also intermittent pins and needles/numb-like feelings. Did it turn out to be B12 deficiency?   (Nb been seen by doc and it’s not DVT)

Pumpkin55

Re: Leg pain and B12 deficiency
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »

Wow Jaypo I’ve never heard of too much being the cause - did they work all that out from dull blood count. What other vitamins did you have too much of?

Pumpkin55

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »

Ah ok thank you :-)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »

What makes you think VitB12 deficiency?  :-\

I get all kinds of strange feelings in legs and head  ::)

Pumpkin55

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 06:32:31 PM »

I read that this kind of pain is typical for B12 deficiency. Esp in legs. Also I have severe diverticular disease and am coeliac (unofficial but confirmed through other means) and apparently B12 can often be lacking in people with digestive issues. I think I also read B12 can be low in menopausal women?

Pumpkin55

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 07:08:33 PM »

Thanks Jaypo yes I’m not taking B12 at mo (although plenty of others, but prescribed by dietitian). Having bloods next week. Doc I saw yesterday immediately thought of B12.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 07:11:40 PM »

MayB ask on an appropriate UK support group for Crons, Coliac etc.?  My cousin has gut problems and is closely monitored by a Consultant.  One cannot 'guess' this diagnosis. 

VitB12 should not be taken with old fashioned ADs either.

Pumpkin55

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 07:39:48 PM »

Not on any ADs. Yes sorry I see what you mean although initially I was more intrigued to know if anyone had had this kind of pain with menopause. I will delete and maybe repost a more general leg pain/meno query xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 08:03:56 PM »

No need or we will lose you  ::)

I have had cramp recently - Granny would tell me 'not enough salt'  ::).  Leg pains can be for lots of reasons, I've had restless legs for years until I began eating a banana a day ....... ? lack of potassium ? but they work for me or a Nurofen B4 bed if I've dropped the bananas for a while.

Tinacros

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 08:55:37 PM »

I had exactly the same. Mine was low ferritin. Once I started the supplements it vanished xxx

Pumpkin55

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 11:26:48 AM »

Hiya would u mind telling me which supplements you take? Thank you. Also how low your ferritin was? Was it right at the bottom end of normal range or outside Normal? Thanks so much x

Shannonplussed

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 01:41:58 AM »

Are you talking about restless legs syndrome? I have this and it is worse at bedtime and when falling asleep. Maddening really. One summer, I had it even in the middle of the day at work. In retrospect, I was mountain biking a lot and not replenishing electrolytes, and the weather was very hot and humid for weeks. I’ve also found a link with low ferritin. My ferritin was 11 and I was prescribed ferrous fumarate. I take it a couple times a week and I still have trouble with RLS from time to time (like right now!). I’ve also tried magnesium supplements (and vitamin B complex). Nothing totally conclusive for me. It just comes and goes.