Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Night sweats  (Read 1711 times)

charliegirl

Night sweats
« on: September 15, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »

Well, I know it was hot last night but woke up with duvet, sheets, pillowcases, PJs and me literally drenched in sweat. My whole body was wet! I had to,leave the bed. There is nothing wrong with my thyroid, or anything else. Still hormones at 68?

Jane50

Re: Night sweats
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »

I sympathise. I had a very sweaty night too. I didn't even realise ankles can sweat! My hair gets all wet and then I wake either cos I'm drenched or freezing cold cos I've kicked off the covers. I used to love being in bed, now it's a flippin endurance test every night. I'm loads worse when I'm on the progesterone part of my HRT. I'm 51, good grief have I got this for years to come??

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 08:01:02 PM »

I hear you Charliegirl & it's horrible.  I used to love summer but it's impossible to sleep with these really hot nights we get now.  I dread them.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 11:32:27 PM »

It was really warm last night especially if you were wearing pyjamas and under a duvet. It's horrible waking up wet like that. I have a neighbour who is 81 and still gets night sweats so for some women the low oestrogen of post meno can give long lasting flushes/sweats.

Taz x

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 09:19:23 AM »

Hi Taz - no covers & wearing only bra & pants & @ 7.5 stones I have little insulation of my own ;D!  Window open & clutching 2 refrigerated HWBs.  Still awake again since two this morning.  And that's with HRT & waaaay postmenopause.  It does indeed just go on & on for some! ::)

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 02:48:06 PM »

Wrensong, just a thought but do you think maybe you could do with more oestrogen?

Wrensong

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:01:15 PM »

Very good question Gnatty.  I wish I knew the answer  ;D.  HRT is a long term work in progress for me & complicated by other health conditions.  Not on the prog phase at the mo but that makes me even hotter every time & just about sends me out of my mind with it.  Delayed starting prog this time due to the heatwave. 

Was on higher dose combi patches in the past but with poorer absorption than I get from my current oestrogen only Estradot.  Have never found a regimen that completely resolves symptoms but have a very good doctor working on it with me.  Really need to get it sorted as it's been way too long & my sleep is abysmal.  Thanks so much for your concern  :)

How are you doing?
Wx

Debs165

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 02:33:36 AM »

Been awake all night, terrible sweats then feeling chilly, it's a nightmare and woohoo tired!

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 08:55:57 AM »

Oh Debs165 - no fun is it?  Hope you managed to get some sleep after posting.  Are you on HRT?

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 11:41:55 AM »

Should have said earlier for anyone who is really struggling with these & hasn't already experimented with diet - hypoglycaemia can be a cause of night sweats   Maybe put low blood sugar or hypoglycaemia into the search box to see other threads where this has been discussed.  Has also been touched on in Roobee's current thread entitled Hungry & wobbly since starting HRT.
Wx
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:43:35 AM by Wrensong »

Debs165

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 01:20:06 PM »

Hi Wrensong, finally dozed off for about an hour but that's it. Can't have HRT as they caused bilateral blood clots and ended up having major surgery. Gp just says I need to live with it!

Wrensong

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 06:11:21 PM »

Oh Debs165, I'm sorry.  I went a decade from start of peri & well into post without HRT then had another long break 2 years after starting it so I know how you feel.  I just searched my bookmarks for the consensus statement on non-hormonal medications to link for you but the format has changed & most of it now seems inaccessible.  It has been discussed in previous threads though so I'll see if I can find one & bump it for you if so.
Wx