Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Heartburn and flushes  (Read 853 times)

sparky99

• First Flush
Heartburn and flushes
« on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »

Hi. Sorry to post. I've recently started to experience flushes which are quite overwhelming but I've developed heartburn and nausea.
I'm 48 and have a mirena (3rd one).
The nausea is almost like when I was pregnant (which I most definitely am not!) And the heartburn is intense.
Any ideas about what I could do to ease the symptoms?? Thank you in advance. 😊

Jane50

Re: Heartburn and flushes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »

Hi,

Are you on any oestrogen as well as the Mirena?

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 09:44:03 AM »

Hi sparky,when your hormones fluctuate,it is indeed a bit like when you're pregnant,hence morning sickness,I think it's oestrogen and progesterone,try stugeron for the nausea,it's an over the counter travel sickness tablet,the flushes? I think I've tried everything there is possible,the only real help is a good fan.The reflux may be that you now cannot eat certain things,another great symptom of meno,so try and find out what foods trigger it,for me it was anything tomatoey and coffee

sparky99

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »

Hi. No oestrogen. Just mirena for many years.

I will certainly give some herbal remedies a try. Im struggling so much.
My fan is well established beside the bed. Husband not impressed but thats not my worry!

Thank you.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

Hello Sparky99 and welcome to the forum.

I wanted to add that I had a morning sickness type of nausea earlier on in my meno journey.  Bizarrely I never had it during my pregnancies but it was definitely hormonal. I didn't take anything to treat it and it just went after a time.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful but I hope this reassures you that this distressing symptom does seem to burn itself out eventually.

Wishing you well.

K.

sparky99

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 05:53:26 PM »

Thank you all so much.
I suffered terribly from morning sickness when pregnant and it feels just like that!
Heres to the next few years and many more bottles of gaviscon and eating ginger!